• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh

Going up for a long weekend with the missus (it's me birthday )

Hoping to do a ghost walk & take in any other stuff of a ghoulish theme - preferably with the involvement of alcohol.

Anyone got any recommendations? I believe there's also an underground tour . That sounds pretty neat as well.

So many decisions to make in life, not enough time to post every single one on CUK.....

Take her for a walk around the pubic triangle. There were some ghouls there last time I went. Sorted.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The Real Mary King's Close

also the ghost tours from the witchery are supposed to be the best (longest running anyway)
      Welcome to The Cadies & Witchery Tours | The Cadies & Witchery Tours

Plenty of excellent restaurants and hostelries to take your pick from. The fair and the German market will be in full flow now as well down in princess street gardens.

Its pissy wetup here at the moment though with snow expected for the weekend so dress warm
      If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
        The Real Mary King's Close

also the ghost tours from the witchery are supposed to be the best (longest running anyway)
        Welcome to The Cadies & Witchery Tours | The Cadies & Witchery Tours

Plenty of excellent restaurants and hostelries to take your pick from. The fair and the German market will be in full flow now as well down in princess street gardens.

Its pissy wetup here at the moment though with snow expected for the weekend so dress warm
        Nice one - looks great.

Yes, looking forward to the markets too.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          So many decisions to make in life, not enough time to post every single one on CUK.....
          So how did you 'achieve' 21,000 posts on an online forum, and "CUK Personality of The Year" 2005 or whatever it was, were it not for posting such minutae and tulipe at regular intervals then?

OP I'd suspect Edinburgh Castle will have summat to do with the Dungeons, but obviously you have to make sure it's not some tacky affair with struggling actors on NMW dressing up and 'scaring' people.

Also if it's like York there'll be ghost tours, some are better than others n generally cost about £5 for an hour or so's walk with stories of what went on.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Do they have an OXO tower in Edinburgh?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Do they have an OXO tower in Edinburgh?
              Or a football team called Arsenal?
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Do the Castle - they're usually "haunted" and there are plenty of grog shops at the bottom of the slope.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I just had a google for a really dark cocktail bar I took Mrs IJNTTI to when she came up for a weekend. Can't find it, but I found this if it's any use.

10 of the best cocktail bars in Edinburgh | Travel | The Guardian

Comment

Rose Street!

Comment

Working...
                    X