• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This made me laugh...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This made me laugh...

Oh dear: Osborne reliant on rising immigration levels to achieve budget surplus | UK news | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

All part of Osbornes budgetry surplus fantasy story.

I look forward to the outcome.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

400 ISIS immigrants massacre 1000 dole scroungers = less JSA and other benefits.

Up there with his £400m savings on the contractor rules.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

As the research I linked to yesterday demonstrates, immigrants overall have a positive effect on GDP. I recall reading in New Scientist a few weeks ago that immigration will lead to the deficit being cut more quickly.

I'm not a fan of large scale immigration, but it seems that there's no argument against it on financial grounds. Did you think the immigration numbers were down to soft-hearted ideologues?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          As the research I linked to yesterday demonstrates, immigrants overall have a positive effect on GDP. I recall reading in New Scientist a few weeks ago that immigration will lead to the deficit being cut more quickly.

I'm not a fan of large scale immigration, but it seems that there's no argument against it on financial grounds. Did you think the immigration numbers were down to soft-hearted ideologues?
          Financial grounds no argument there.

Osborne's budgetary surplus just won't happen, that's is the fantasy story, as far as I'm concerned.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Problem is for every skilled worker that's shipped in, there's one native lazy arse on benefits that doesn't become skilled when they're probably more than able to..
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              Problem is for every skilled worker that's shipped in, there's one native lazy arse on benefits that doesn't become skilled when they're probably more than able to..
              Your view is borne entirely out of prejudice. Immigrants aren't just skilled workers - it's your service industry staff as well. As a matter of public record, immigrants are less likely to be social spongers than native born British. But hey - don't let the facts get in the way of your rabid xenophobia.

Comment

Your view is borne entirely out of prejudice. Immigrants aren't just skilled workers - it's your service industry staff as well. As a matter of public record, immigrants are less likely to be social spongers than native born British. But hey - don't let the facts get in the way of your rabid xenophobia.
                Varies considerably based on country of origin:
                Characteristics and Outcomes of Migrants in the UK Labour Market | The Migration Observatory
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  immigrants overall have a positive effect on GDP. And as I've already said, I'm not a fan of unrestricted immigration - the information you have linked to is one of the reasons for that. Another is cultural impact.

Comment

My view is borne entirely out of prejudice. Whilst we pay benefits that keep people trapped on benefits we import cheap labour and then deride our home grown labour.
                    FTFY,
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X