• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

City Baby Attacked By Rats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Baby Attacked By Rats

<placeholder/>

Rats to invade homes in coldest winter for 100 years

What are they on? It's December & I'm not even out of shirt sleeve order yet

Besides, I get them in the loft every year. There's nothing you can do about it when you live in a tumbledown old cottage in the middle of nowhere. I just make sure they don't get into the living accommodation & hope the sods don't chew through any pipework.

I'd never use poison but I might try one of those plug in sonic devices & see if that sends 'em packing.
    Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 2 December 2015, 09:27.

What's that, the daily mail predicting the worst winter since annals began?

Who could have forseen that coming.

Everyone, because they publish the same story of doom every single year.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Besides, I get them in the loft every year. There's nothing you can do about it when you live in a tumbledown old cottage in the middle of nowhere. ...
      There is something you can do about it - Buy a Jack Russell terrier
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        There is something you can do about it - Buy a Jack Russell terrier
        What would I do, stick him in the loft?

Comment

What would I do, stick him in the loft?
          Yes.
          Don't worry he will work out what to do once he gets hungry.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Yes.
            Attack a City Baby?

Comment

<placeholder/>

Rats to invade homes in coldest winter for 100 years

What are they on? It's December & I'm not even out of shirt sleeve order yet

Besides, I get them in the loft every year. There's nothing you can do about it when you live in a tumbledown old cottage in the middle of nowhere. I just make sure they don't get into the living accommodation & hope the sods don't chew through any pipework.

I'd never use poison but I might try one of those plug in sonic devices & see if that sends 'em packing.
              There's a perfectly simple solution to your alleged rat issue, fantasise a different house other than the one you're currently making up, voila! Rat issue gone and some new features to make up lies about, all good

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                What's that, the daily mail predicting the worst winter since annals began?

Who could have forseen that coming.

Everyone, because they publish the same story of doom every single year.
                Torygraph joined in this year. First predicting a 'scorcher' of a summer and then an epically freezing winter, heralding the next ice age. Neither have come to fruition so far. It's been milder and warmer than recent years, but that's about it. To be fair, it's probably their sources, as the weather is difficult to predict even a few hours in the future.

Comment

Someone is reading too much James Herbert.

Our four cats are good at catching rats. But like to bring them as presents to MrsBP.

Cat flap now locked after she spent 2 days hardly able to use the kitchen with a wounded rat behind the freezer. She checks the cats before opening the back door after one shot in recently with a bird. Which was thankfully dead.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Yes.

The Coventry Arms an the A31 near Corfe Mullen has a cat skeleton in it. When they were re-roofing it a few years ago they found the cat in a sealed off section of the roof.
                    It was put there when the place was first built, it's job to kill all the rodents. Once they were all dead, it died too. Wouldn't be allowed today, but very effective.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X