• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Christmas Dinner Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Christmas Dinner Thread

Ok, looks like it's the prefect Christmas as it will be just MrsMac and I for dinner, no kids, which means I can play a little with the traditional, looking for ideas other than turkey, can be completely out of left field.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Large Big Mac meal?

Comment

Go mad...

Go double mad...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Lots of curry houses do Christmas specials!

Comment

You could try a posh restaurant or a good pub and be annoyed by everyone elses screaming kids if you want. Sadly no child free events on round us this year. Bah Humbug
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Ok, looks like it's the prefect Christmas as it will be just MrsMac and I for dinner, no kids, which means I can play a little with the traditional, looking for ideas other than turkey, can be completely out of left field.
            Goat stew? Mutton chop? Rabbit pie?

It really depends what's grazing in your left field.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Volunteer at your local crisis/shelter. It'll be the best Christmas you have.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Volunteer at your local crisis/shelter. It'll be the best Christmas you have.
                I'm volunteering to be a beater for one of the local Exmoor shoots over Christmas. There are about 70 shoots, and a neighbour who does it is having a word with one of the shoot managers.

Good exercise, £60 cash in hand ("no tax please, we're British"), a decent meal, and a good piss up at the end of the day, where I can meet some possibly interesting locals (but probably end up blowing most of the £60!), and maybe a brace of birds to take home if for some reason the shooters don't want all of them.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Go Korean and cook a puppy. They're not just for Christmas, they're for Boxing day as well.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Go Korean and cook a puppy. They're not just for Christmas, they're for Boxing day as well.
                    I'm not sure that there's enough meat on even a big breed puppy to last to Boxing Day, best get a brace in.

Comment

Working...
                    X