• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigrants must adapt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigrants must adapt

IMMIGRANTS.NOT BRITON’S MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the politically correct" crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and Women who laid down any one of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.

We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St. George's cross offends you, or you don't like “A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".
    Says it all really.

No fokking way mate!

Comment

Since when did "In God We Trust" become the British national motto?

Last time I saw it was on a US Dollar bill.

Comment

And

The concept of "a fair go" sounds more like Australia and New Zealand to me.

Since when was Britain founded on Christian principles? It was here long before the Christians arrived.

Britain has been invaded by all sorts over the centuries from Romans to Scandinavians to the French - we even have a German monarch.

It does not matter who invades though, Britains carry on as they want. That's what makes us Great!

Sorry Churchill but your description of Britain is not one that I recognise.

Am I just falling for a wind-up?

Comment

Uhh, yeah....

Comment

Lebanese??? Don't they speak Arabic and French in Lebanon?

Australians speak English??? now that's stretching things a bit.

'I don't mind immigration'...translation "we need all the toilet cleaners and security guards we can get so us native Oz's can stay on the dole indefinitely".
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

A protest in Delhi against the Pope's controversial comments on Islam and Prophet Mohammad turned ugly on Friday evening when those protesting turned against each other. In the ensuing melee – protestors hurled bulbs and bottles at each other - Delhi Assembly's Deputy Speaker Shoaib Iqbal was also attacked.

Iqbal had lashed out against Jama Masjid Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari.

Soon, the Friday prayer gathering turned into a duel between Imam's army and Iqbal's supporters.

“He is a cheat and only thinks of money," Iqbal said.

Hours after issuing that statement, he was gasping for breath at a Delhi hospital for haiving said too much in the Imam's territory and annoying his already pumped up supporters who felt the speakers presence at the Jama Masjid undermined the Imam's authority.

“Imam's goons said how can you raise slogans against the Pope here. This is our territory and you can’t speak at your will. This area belongs to the Imam," said an Iqbal Supporter, Mehrajjudin Majjo.

Friday evening's incident ended up polarising a community that had gathered there after the prayers for protesting the Pope's comments. "They were all the Imam's goons who hurled things at us," said one,

Doctors say Iqbal is out of danger, but his PSO is believed to be severely injured.

With two groups protesting for the same cause, ending up fighting against each other - right outside one of the biggest places of worship - it will be interesting to see how the deputy speaker reacts to this entire incident once he's back in shape.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Imagine the riot if Man City and ManU played a derby there!

It'd be hooligan heaven!
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
                  Britain has been invaded by all sorts over the centuries
                  Not at a rate of 700,000 a year we haven't!

That's 7 on the Luton scale.

Comment

In God We Trust

Is the US motto.

That said the sentiment expressed is spot on. This is a Christian country, which has long had a history of welcoming other cultures. It has sometimes absorbed aspects of those cultures. That does not mean that another culture should subsume the British one and we should stop apologising for it.

We should be rightly proud of this country, it is tolerant and free culture. Lets stop apologising and stand upfor it. Just as a forebears did.

Comment

Working...
                    X