• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy-to-let landlords turned off buying more property as tax changes bite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy-to-let landlords turned off buying more property as tax changes bite

" In a poll of over 1,000 buy-to-let landlords, more than half said they expected the value of their investments to fall considerably following a number of punishing tax hikes designed to get more young people onto the property ladder.

Some 54.6pc of respondents said the 3pc rise in stamp duty for buy-to-let investors was likely to affect the value of their investments, while two-thirds believed there would be a decline in the number of properties available to rent.

When asked about the future of their property empires, an overwhelming 53pc of landlords added they were not planning to buy any more properties following the tax changes. Almost 12pc said they planned to buy before April 2016, when the stamp duty surplus kicks in. "

Source: Buy-to-let landlords turned off buying more property as tax changes bite - Telegraph

So, Gideon fooked over lots of BTLers most of who are likely to have voted for the Tory Scum party, next year they won't even be able to offload their properties because nobody will be buying them. Finally, the property crash we've been waiting for

next year private rent goes up 20% as landlords get out of the business and the houses are bought by non renters i.e. those living with Mum, large business and foreign investors.

Get ready to buy quick or be bent over the barrel!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Get ready to buy quick or be bent over the barrel!
      Oh I am ready ... to buy that is!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Oh I am ready ... to buy that is!
        Yeah, but you have been "ready" for years alexei. And in that time you have missed umpteen boats.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          " In a poll of over 1,000 buy-to-let landlords, more than half said they expected the value of their investments to fall considerably following a number of punishing tax hikes designed to get more young people onto the property ladder.
          So they only make 900% instead of 100% - big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Yeah, but you have been "ready" for years alexei. And in that time you have missed umpteen boats.
            a whole flotilla!

Comment

Thing is where I am the renters have the upper hand due to oversupply, I have never paid full rent and the landlords that I know top up the mortgage payments.

One of the more experienced ones said 6% is the max he can average across his portfolio, it's all a gamble; property (assuming you can sell it when you need to, at the price you want) vs stock/commodities.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                Thing is where I am the renters have the upper hand due to oversupply, I have never paid full rent and the landlords that I know top up the mortgage payments.
                That's what happens when you live near MF & Brillo!

Comment

Working...
                X