• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Retiring from contracting", trolls and sock puppets

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Retiring from contracting", trolls and sock puppets

Whats a good age to retire from contracting?

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
    For you considering the absurd questions and responses you post I'd say conception. Since you've missed that the next best thing is immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
      Can trolling sockies retire? I thought they were just put back in the drawer?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Can trolling sockies retire? I thought they were just put back in the drawer?
        Was called as a blatant sockpuppet as soon as it appeared a year ago, oh well more traffic for the site I suppose, even if it is total drek.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Was called as a blatant sockpuppet as soon as it appeared a year ago,..
          Yes, and I thought the same. But I did some digging and this person is NOT a sock puppet. I cannot explain further.

We do not want suspect sock-puppets and trolls to be called out in the forums. The danger is too high of false accusation and taking a thread off-topic. No witch-hunts.

We want you to report them to the moderators so we can investigate with the tools at our disposal. Once we've done that, if we find evidence then we'll take appropriate action. Simply making a notification, however, does not mean that we will agree with you. Nor does it mean we'll take the action you'd like to take.

I have warned this particular individual that any further brainfart postings will be treated as troll posts.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can we report anyone that uses the term brainfart more than three times a day?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Yes, and I thought the same. But I did some digging and this person is NOT a sock puppet.

We do not want suspect sock-puppets and trolls to be called out in the forums. We want you to report them to the moderators, so we can investigate with the tools at our disposal.

However his troll-like posting has been called out and he's been warned that any more brainfarts will be treated as trolling.
              Frankly that's impossible to believe, but then there's been assurance in the past that other sockies are genuine posters until they eventually get banned.

Tried the reporting repeatedly including recently, it gets nowhere as there are a couple of drawers of puppets that appear to have official sanction to troll, I'm not referring to the ones with actual comedy value either.

Comment

Being a sock-puppet in and off itself is not a reason for a banning. Nor is it if a sock-puppet particularly gets under the skin of one particular individual. Also there is a difference between "we've found no evidence" and "is a genuine poster". However, I couldn't give a rat's-arse what you believe.

Brainfart is a great word for describing the emanations such as the first post in this thread, so I'll continue to use it.

Comment

Oh, I missed these posts so I just banned the little fecker.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Oh, I missed these posts so I just banned the little fecker.
                    I spotted that... just as I received a PM from him assuring me he'd cease post such trivialities. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    X