• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mark Carney unveils climate change taskforce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Carney unveils climate change taskforce

Taskforce will provide 'one-stop shop' of information to provide markets with knowledge they need to make long-term investment decisions

Mark Carney unveils climate change taskforce - Telegraph

WTF this got to do with Bank of England?!?!?!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Taskforce will provide 'one-stop shop' of information to provide markets with knowledge they need to make long-term investment decisions

You don't think the 'climate change' hysteria has anything to do with the climate, do you?

Comment

Probably this:

G20: fossil fuel fears could hammer global financial system - Telegraph

One intervention causing problems for other interventions etc. Government as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        You don't think the 'climate change' hysteria has anything to do with the climate, do you?
        I don't think Bank of England got anything to do with climate. It's none of their business. Carney should only attend such meetings in his own time and in personal capacity, or better not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          Probably this:

G20: fossil fuel fears could hammer global financial system - Telegraph

One intervention causing problems for other interventions etc. Government as usual.
          Ok. And large enough asteroid could also threaten global financial system even better, quicker and more reliably than climate change. Why isn't Carney attending that one? Why isn't Bank of England funding defenses from asteroids?

Comment

I don't think Bank of England got anything to do with climate. It's none of their business. Carney should only attend such meetings in his own time and in personal capacity, or better not at all.
            $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Carbon Trading

Carbon Trade Definition | Investopedia

The Truth about investing in carbon markets
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Increasing fossil fuel demand is unstoppable.

https://www.iea.org/oilmarketreport/omrpublic/

A few greenies in Weston Supermare driving a little bit less to save the environment won't make a ha'porth of difference.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ok. And large enough asteroid could also threaten global financial system even better, quicker and more reliably than climate change. Why isn't Carney attending that one? Why isn't Bank of England funding defenses from asteroids?
                I don't disagree, I think the man is a twat, and the institution he heads up is made up of them. However, that is the rationale behind it.

Comment

I don't disagree, I think the man is a twat, and the institution he heads up is made up of them. However, that is the rationale behind it.
                  Bunch of outdated, sycophantic, anachronistic "folk". Need introduction to 21st Century.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

No, there isn't. He should be fired immediately.

Comment

Working...
                    X