• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do pikeys get car insurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do pikeys get car insurance?

Watching something on TV about people trying to evict some travellers from their private car park, old bill gets called and things get sorted amicably in the end.

One thing I notice is that they are all driving half decent cars, but how would they get insurance with no fixed address to register it against?

Obvious answer is they are uninsured so why don't the old bill take them for that.
    Last edited by SimonMac; 5 December 2015, 20:27.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

They don't, simples.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Watching something on TV about people trying to evict some travellers from their private car park, old bill gets called and things get sorted amicably in the end.

One thing I notice is that they are all driving half decent cars, but how would they get insurance with no fixed address to register it against?

Obvious answer is they are uninsured so why don't the old bill take them for that.
      Where do they send the summons to?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Where do they send the summons to?
        Uninsured cars get seized there and then these days
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Some travellers have a fixed address outside the UK where they insure their cars 3rd party cheaply (or have the appropriate paperwork).
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"Travellers" often have their own registered plots of land but they do not live on the plot. The plots do not have building but do have the odd tarmac truck and caravan that moves on or not as the case may be. The Plots are networked and shared within the traveller community. Vehicles are registered at each others "address" being a plot of land and address and vehicle registrations swapped regularly. This way they avoid taxes and are difficult to trace to enforce any laws. It also allows them to claim benefits in more than one place at a time.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X