• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intouch servers down again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intouch servers down again

Does anybody else find poor uptime on the Intouch servers ? Again this morning they are offline. Often they seem to go offline about 5pm weekdays too.

Specifically, the corporate site is up, as is the logon page. However the login hangs then says server not found.

Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Does anybody else find poor uptime on the Intouch servers ? Again this morning they are offline. Often they seem to go offline about 5pm weekdays too.

Specifically, the corporate site is up, as is the logon page. However the login hangs then says server not found.
    No, not something I've experienced (or perhaps once in the last several years). I can login fine; I just tried. Perhaps a local issue with your connectivity that's worse when traffic is high.

Comment

Thanks for that. You can login? I just tried, failed again. Other sites are up for me though, obviously.

...update: with jamesbrown being able to login, I thought it might be a local DNS issue. After removing the BT entry from /etc/resolv.conf (this is Linux) it all worked, and I can login straight away.

nameserver 192.168.1.254 <--- Removed this line.
      nameserver 208.67.222.222
      nameserver 208.67.220.220
      search home

Those other two servers are the OpenDNS ones BTW. My BT Home Hub 3 runs a local DNS caching server of some sort, but it is a bit pants.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        Thanks for that. You can login? I just tried, failed again. Other sites are up for me though, obviously.

...update: with jamesbrown being able to login, I thought it might be a local DNS issue. After removing the BT entry from /etc/resolv.conf (this is Linux) it all worked, and I can login straight away.

nameserver 192.168.1.254 <--- Removed this line.
        nameserver 208.67.222.222
        nameserver 208.67.220.220
        search home

Those other two servers are the OpenDNS ones BTW. My BT Home Hub 3 runs a local DNS caching server of some sort, but it is a bit pants.
        Glad you managed to sort it...

Comment

Working...
        X