• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most influential man you never heard of

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most influential man you never heard of

Maurice Strong
    RIP

died last week
    puppet meister, strongarm political fixer, shadowy iron fist in a velvet glove
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

A shift is necessary toward lifestyles less geared to environmental damaging consumption patterns
    Mmmmm-wha-ha-ha ha. HA ha ha ha.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

A shift is necessary toward lifestyles less geared to environmental damaging consumption patterns
      I've got not problem with this. Cut down energy usage, use renewables if it makes economic sense, don't cut down the forests, don't pollute the seas and rivers, recycle, don't waste finite materials, look after bio-diversity etc, etc.

It's this bulltulip that the whole World is ending because of CO2, and being green is all about Carbon that ****s me off. It's plant food, it doesn't matter, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I've got not problem with this. Cut down energy usage, use renewables if it makes economic sense, don't cut down the forests, don't pollute the seas and rivers, recycle, don't waste finite materials, look after bio-diversity etc, etc.

It's this bulltulip that the whole World is ending because of CO2, and being green is all about Carbon that ****s me off. It's plant food, it doesn't matter, get over it.
        Human's bad. Ergo all change caused by humans is bad. Get with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Human's bad. Ergo all change caused by humans is bad. Get with the program.
          I am President of the UN created University for Peace, which has a strong commitment to the relationship between peace, security and the environment. I meet with young people around the world and I always come away enthused and encouraged.
          Of course we know he was a shadowy puppet-master, because he left absolutely no evidence of puppet-mastery. What a clever bstrd!
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            Of course we know he was a shadowy puppet-master, because he left absolutely no evidence of puppet-mastery. What a clever bstrd!
            I wasn't referring to the dead bloke. I don't know who he is.

Comment

Working...
            X