• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had a heads up from my client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a heads up from my client

The client procurement is seeking to reduce contractor costs. However, the policy is that the amount the contractor gets is unchanged - they're after a reduction in agency margin.

So my contract signing/timesheet approving manager called me today to let me know (I'm not in the office today), and in case of difficulties from the agency, inform him.

Which is nice.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The client procurement is seeking to reduce contractor costs. However, the policy is that the amount the contractor gets is unchanged - they're after a reduction in agency margin.

So my contract signing/timesheet approving manager called me today to let me know (I'm not in the office today), and in case of difficulties from the agency, inform him.

Which is nice.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Which is nice.

When I was at Goldmine Sucks I was told my margin would be 15%. I approached HR and it was 27%. There were 40 of us with the same issue. HR beat up the agency until they caved in and sacked the guy who caused the problem.

There are some good clients out there!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

When I was at Goldmine Sucks I was told my margin would be 15%. I approached HR and it was 27%. There were 40 of us with the same issue. HR beat up the agency until they caved in and sacked the guy who caused the problem.

There are some good clients out there!
        Think it's more of a case of GS wanting better value to be fair.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

When I was at Goldmine Sucks
          And you survived there as a contractor
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Think it's more of a case of GS wanting better value to be fair.
            I never got that feeling.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            And you survived there as a contractor
            It was superb! The part I was in focused on productivity rather than hours in the office. At one point I was asked to cut my hours!

GS is very misunderstood. They are better than the rest because they are organized.

As an example, I went for my toast+marmite every day. One morning no marmite. I saw a sign saying any issues email one of the catering directors. So I did. 15 minutes later I got a reply "we are very sorry. we are sending out for more marmite now. We will monitor the marmite situation closely".

I remember an American saw me having marmite and asked what it was. I suggested he try it. And to try a bit dollop as it is very delicate....

Comment

It was superb! The part I was in focused on productivity rather than hours in the office. At one point I was asked to cut my hours!

GS is very misunderstood. They are better than the rest because they are organized.

As an example, I went for my toast+marmite every day. One morning no marmite. I saw a sign saying any issues email one of the catering directors. So I did. 15 minutes later I got a reply "we are very sorry. we are sending out for more marmite now. We will monitor the marmite situation closely".

I remember an American saw me having marmite and asked what it was. I suggested he try it. And to try a bit dollop as it is very delicate....
              Really? Shows what I know, then.
              I have always heard the opposite including perms there who boasted (?!) at finishing at 11PM.

RE Marmite
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Really? Shows what I know, then.
                I have always heard the opposite including perms there who boasted (?!) at finishing at 11PM.

RE Marmite
                Not everyone agreed with my experience. It seems related to which department you work in.

I don't like this accusation they are run by GALs when they are just more efficient than everyone else.....

Comment

when they are just more efficient than everyone else.....
                  Well, that part interests me, as most banks are cr*p.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

GS ranks as the worst place I have ever contracted at, hated it.

Comment

Working...
                    X