• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank account needed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account needed?

Hi,

Well after a long time of browing the site and the boards here I finally took the plunge and have jumped into the contracting game.

After reading the advice on the boards, I don't see why I should pay someone else to do what I'm capable of doing already, so have set myself up as Ltd.

What are people's experience of the high street banks for the business services, preferably with same day set up as I need to start invoicing as quickly as possible for a contract starting next week.

Any complete horror stories of banks which must be avoided? I'm not going to have a massive amount of transactions so am looking for a fairly simple solution.

Cheers guys!

Have a read of this thread

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread10762.html

HTH

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Whatever you do avoid Natwest.

Had an interesting conversation with the online support people at Natwest yesterday, who said its well known internally to Natwest that there business banking processes / systems are cr*p.

For some reason the Natwest Business Line people have decided it would be fun to keep expirying my online access for no reason 3 times now the have done it, no explanation nothing.

Only stayed with them as have my own account with them and to there credit had no probs with their private banking.

Comment

Well I opted for HSBC, it seems all of the banks have their bad points, but due to poor experiences with my persoal banking and Barclays I ruled them out, and HSBC's branch is quite local to me. The account was up and running pretty much straight away, all I have to do now is start getting some money into it!

It feels good to have done this, I'm looking forward to getting on with it now.

Comment

Working...
          X