• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agile Scum-Master training and qualification

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agile Scum-Master training and qualification

Is it worth going for? Only 2 days with a 98% pass rate, just looks like a money making scheme, but I am thinking it could help given the amount of roles that claim to be agile these days.

What are firms to avoid, any decent trainers out there who do this over a weekend?

Yes, I have Prince2 Practitioner which has not been of any help whatsoever, hence my cynicism….

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Is it worth going for? Only 2 days with a 98% pass rate, just looks like a money making scheme, but I am thinking it could help given the amount of roles that claim to be agile these days.

What are firms to avoid, any decent trainers out there who do this over a weekend?

Yes, I have Prince2 Practitioner which has not been of any help whatsoever, hence my cynicism….
    We already have loads of Scum masters here on CUK. Do we need more?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Agil8 do some really good training course and David Hicks is a really good trainer.

I've not seen any over a weekend, but they do them in Manchester and London.

Hope this helps.
      I might even have a discount code if you ask nicely

Comment

Nobody who posts on CUK should need training how to be a complete and total cant.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Nobody who posts in General including the mods and Admin should need training how to be a complete and total cant.

Comment

Please, not more of this scum/agile bollox!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Please, not more of this scum/agile bollox!

Keep up just like Garlic Bread it's the future

Comment

In regard to OP I've been wondering the same about ITIL, I found a 3 day course in Brum for 450 notes (ITIL foundation)

Worth doing? Ie - is ITIL useful?

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

No.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

A mixture of project management techniques and when to ditch them, works for me.

I'm still amazed how many people work in IT and have no concept of what the SDLC is.

Similarly, the amount of people that thinks you can apply agile to any IT project.
                    You can't.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X