• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Porridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porridge

So I am look for the instant one pot just add water variety but not full on simple carbs (evil sugar) to support my low carb pre cams binge, any recommendations.

Disgusting! Get the oat so simple with milk....

Comment

gingerbread porridge
      Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      So I am look for the instant one pot just add water variety but not full on simple carbs (evil sugar) to support my low carb pre cams binge, any recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Eh? All porridge oats are virtually instant, the only difference in the finished product is how chunky you like/want it, and none of them (none of the natural non-flavoured ones, anyway) have sugar. Just check the back for the ingredients, or only buy oats and not the flavoured stuff. They are not low carb though, only non-simple-carb.

Any rolled oats, add some water / milk, microwave for a minute and a half, stir, microwave for another minute. It takes a bit of practice to get the proportion of oats to water / milk right.

The difference is in the size of the oats. The cut ones make a smoother porridge but leave you feeling fuller for less time, the whole rolled ones make a chunkier porridge and you feel fuller for longer.

Milk is nicer to mix with imo, but contains lactose so is a sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Eh? All porridge oats are virtually instant, the only difference in the finished product is how chunky you like/want it, and none of them (none of the natural non-flavoured ones, anyway) have sugar. Just check the back for the ingredients, or only buy oats and not the flavoured stuff. They are not low carb though, only non-simple-carb.

Any rolled oats, add some water / milk, microwave for a minute and a half, stir, microwave for another minute. It takes a bit of practice to get the proportion of oats to water / milk right.

The difference is in the size of the oats. The cut ones make a smoother porridge but leave you feeling fuller for less time, the whole rolled ones make a chunkier porridge and you feel fuller for longer.

Milk is nicer to mix with imo, but contains lactose so is a sugar.
          I think he's looking for "add boiling water" type porridge. Presumably his B&B/hotel room doesn't have a microwave. He wants to avoid simple sugars. Lactose isn't a simple sugar - it's lactase that breaks it down into simple sugar. If you lack lactase you're lactose intolerant and the lefties hate you.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I think he's looking for "add boiling water" type porridge. Presumably his B&B/hotel room doesn't have a microwave. He wants to avoid simple sugars. Lactose isn't a simple sugar - it's lactase that breaks it down into simple sugar. If you lack lactase you're lactose intolerant and the people sharing an office with you hate you. <pffffft>
            FTFY.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Got it Oomf! Instant Bench Press Oats - Banana from Muscle Food

Comment

I have mine with Maple Syrup (the proper stuff, not the sugar laden carob tulip) and blueberries. Some decent stuff in that lot.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I think he's looking for "add boiling water" type porridge. Presumably his B&B/hotel room doesn't have a microwave. He wants to avoid simple sugars. Lactose isn't a simple sugar - it's lactase that breaks it down into simple sugar. If you lack lactase you're lactose intolerant and the lefties hate you.
                  Not quite, its for the office, saves on cutlery and washing up

Comment

Working...
                  X