• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Under 45? Oh dear!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under 45? Oh dear!

Recently retired households have greater share of UK wealth than under-45s

Recently retired households have greater share of UK wealth than under-45s | Politics | The Guardian
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Hurry up and die, you coffin dodgers.

We need to sell your houses to pay for our new iPhones

Comment

Last night I was arguing on another forum with a retiree who mocked twenty-somethings for "wasting their money on mobile phones and tech gadgets instead of investing in property. Interest rates are so low that it has never been easier to get a mortgage".

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        Last night I was arguing on another forum with a retiree who mocked twenty-somethings for "wasting their money on mobile phones and tech gadgets instead of investing in property. Interest rates are so low that it has never been easier to get a mortgage".
        yes But Most 20 year olds don't earn anywhere near enough money to get a mortgage especially down south

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
          Mortgage interest is very low but deposits and houses are not. It's all relative. Given the choice between affordable housing and affordable iPads, what do you think young people would choose?

Comment

To clarify I was quoting the silly OAP. (Hence the use of " "). He wound me up with his "It's young people's fault. I managed" attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Recently retired households have greater share of UK wealth than under-45s

Recently retired households have greater share of UK wealth than under-45s | Politics | The Guardian
              Actually it makes sense.

Older people have had more time to accrue assets.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Young people need to lower their expectations a little.

Comment

Can you please crack on and fetch me a nice long Gin and Tonic and my Opium pipe, there's a good boy.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Actually it makes sense.

Older people have had more time to accrue assets.
                    No tulip Sherlock. But this specific scenario has not been seen before.

Comment

Working...
                    X