• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Suitcases Tax Deductable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Suitcases Tax Deductable

Silly question probably but does anyone know if I can buy a new case as a T&S expense? My current one is pretty wrecked that I use for travel during the week and I'm planning on spending a bit on a decent one. This would be used for work travel purposes only.

I would say no as it would fail the wholy, exclusively and necessarily test, due to being available for personal use.

Comment

Nope.

You can use the same suitcase for a weekend away as for a business trip.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
        Silly question probably but does anyone know if I can buy a new case as a T&S expense? My current one is pretty wrecked that I use for travel during the week and I'm planning on spending a bit on a decent one. This would be used for work travel purposes only.
        Only when they are not full of cash:-)
        http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Correct, it is a silly question. Do you think a suitcase is 'wholly and exclusively' for the company? Neither do I.

This should be in General.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I think in principle, anyone who has been a member for a while who cannot grasp the basic rules of what can be expensed and what can be deductible deserves merciless mocking in General.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You could put company branding on it like you do all your clothes.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you dismember one of the permies at your client and store them in it you could claim its wholly and exclusively...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X