• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Safe deposit boxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe deposit boxes

Anyone can recommend entity that will keep some small but valuable items safe, even in event of fire there?

I checked with my bank (LSTB) and they basically don't take new customers with all existing facilities filled up and no new forthcoming. Looks like banks are getting out of this rather classical bank service all-together.

Don't offer swiss banks - I am not as wealthy as threaded, yet.

Originally posted by AtW
    Anyone can recommend entity that will keep some small but valuable items safe, even in event of fire there?

I checked with my bank (LSTB) and they basically don't take new customers with all existing facilities filled up and no new forthcoming. Looks like banks are getting out of this rather classical bank service all-together.

Don't offer swiss banks - I am not as wealthy as threaded, yet.
    Are you trying to keep last week's bread and cheese in a place free of mice?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Most people keep their potatoes in the fridge.

Comment

Same reason that there is no left luggage at railways anymore, I expect they imagine people will leave bombs in them. You could get a small safe as sold as any locksmiths. Reduce the chance of having that nicked by buying dozens of them and putting a pair of old socks in all the others.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've never put a potato in the fridge
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Me neither. The best thing to do with potatoes is to leave them in a warm kitchen so they double in size, grow these bloody long tentacles and voila: poor man's calamari.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
            X