• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earliest call from an agent??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earliest call from an agent??

Had a phone call at 7:20am asking me to join a phone interview at 8:30.

India is obviously very much awake.

Anyone had an earlier call, or an interview with less notice??

I've had earlier calls, but only because many of my contacts know I'm a 6am loony.

As for the notice I'd tell them to jog on - 70 minutes is simply unacceptable. Depends how desperate you are for a contract though I suppose.
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

India like calling me on Bank holidays, there as UK agents like calling me on the weekend when I'm inebriated.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What is this? A test stress!

Do you have time to prepare the meeting?

I would say that I have already an appointment and ask to book for the next day.

Comment

"It's Oh sixth thirty and what does the Oh stand for?"...
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

It should be a walk in the park - tulip money, half what I am on now, but the gig is 10 minutes walk from my home in my home town, so would be an easy way to set off the new year.

I had a call from the US once at 10pm asking for an interview on the spot - with three G&T's I asked them to call the following day. Not heard back from them since.

We lead a very random life in this game. Is it really worth it?? Surely we should all be awarded honoury psychology degrees with what we do?

It is the time now to lick the chutney spoon with the telephonic interview in my good name. Oh, joy.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              It is the time now to lick the chutney spoon with the telephonic interview in my good name. Oh, joy.....
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well, I joined, but listening to piano music for the last 10 minutes - nobody else has joined the call!

This is not a good morning.......

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Well, I joined, but listening to piano music for the last 10 minutes - nobody else has joined the call!

This is not a good morning.......
                  Really? I'd already be raising an invoice.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                    Really? I'd already be raising an invoice.
                    I may well do just that..... There are three agents in the mix, not even getting close to chatting with the end client at present.

Quite entertaining, but incredibly incompetent business practice.

Comment

Working...
                    X