• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rid Public Life of Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rid Public Life of Christianity

Telegraph Letters: The value of allowing Christians to follow their way of life publicly

If we weren't declared as a Christian nation, that would make sense.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      If we weren't declared as a Christian nation...
      Huh? When did that happen?

Those letters in full: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/l...-publicly.html
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

When I was rector of a multi-cultural inner-city parish, relations with Muslims and Hindus could not have been better.

They never took their children out of assemblies, and they often attended Christmas celebrations, bringing all sorts of wonderful pastries and nibbles.

I coached their young cricketers and for Muslims translated from Arabic the Koranic verses on their walls.

Killjoy atheists and secularists are disconcerted by such genuine cross-cultural community. They idolise tolerance over love and deny the past in order to create a fictitious present. They are the ones who actually create so many of the problems we face today.

Comment

Everyone's probably seen this already anyway:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Everyone's probably seen this already anyway:

I can't see it. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
              I can't see it. What is it?
              WHS
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What about Jehovahs Witnesses? Surely they shouldn't be encouraged out in public?

Comment

When I was rector of a multi-cultural inner-city parish, relations with Muslims and Hindus could not have been better.

They never took their children out of assemblies, and they often attended Christmas celebrations, bringing all sorts of wonderful pastries and nibbles.

I coached their young cricketers and for Muslims translated from Arabic the Koranic verses on their walls.

Killjoy atheists and secularists are disconcerted by such genuine cross-cultural community. They idolise tolerance over love and deny the past in order to create a fictitious present. They are the ones who actually create so many of the problems we face today.
                  As you are quoting from something, why not put it in a quote block, you lazy amateurish twat?

Or are you trying to pass it off as your own experience, and hoping nobody will bother reading the letters?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Killjoy atheists and secularists are disconcerted by such genuine cross-cultural community. .
                    Culture and Religion are different concepts. Pretty broad sweep of the brush in that depiction of Atheists. I suppose that is Religious tolerance?

Brown kids playing with white kids happens regardless of religion you know? Heck, I even made a brown kid with a black woman and I am an atheist, imagine that!

Comment

Working...
                    X