• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash Plus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Plus

Never darken their virtual door!

Had a text, apparently there is a very low limit of just £15K.

This means that they are looking for all kinds of hoops to jump through and maybe returning the invoiced amount back to my agent!!!

I made an payment from CashPlus to my personal account to reduce the limit - they process overnight into Monday as next working day, so the payment will not kick in in time to stop the money possibly getting returned to agent.

So, now I have the hassle of a dividend to try to reverse.

Muppets. Scouse ones at that.

Website says 5K

Need Help Making & Receiving Payments With Your Cashplus Card?

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Those doofuses opened a business account for me, Sent me card and following week closed the account back after I had already given my agents as part of my paperwork. Thank God for Natwest.

Comment

How come when I try any of these it all goes through smoothly with no hassles?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Yeah, cashplus..

One other thing to watch out for with them is that they do not accept payments from foreign sources.

Wired £4.5K converted through Currencyfair (so arrived to them in GBP), they would not "credit it to account" but took 6 weeks to return it.

It's a useful tool for me though as I bank with HSBC in Jersey and is a better alternative to waving an HSBC Expat Mastercard around on the UK mainland.

Top tip - if you go to the money shop, they give you a PLATINUM one. And nothing pulls the chicks faster at Weatherspoons than a platinum prepaid card. Also an excelent tool for buying stuff in flight that you have no intention of paying for if you don't keep a blance.

Comment

Cashplus, like Paypal, is not a bank. Banks only tolerate our whims because they're big and rotten with cash and are more regulated.

I don't see pre-paid debit-card providers tolerating large cash-flows or any kind of unusual activity on an account. I bet they're magnets for jiggery-pokery. I bet they're understaffed and operate on fairly small margins.

I was looking at various providers of these cards and the reviews were revealing. The negative ones seem to be from people who, reading between the lines, didn't appreciate the limitations of this medium.

Put £150 in, pay the charges, don't expect any support. If you get your beer money out of a manky cash machine on a Friday night, you're doing all right.

I settled on Kalixa eventually. I can't endorse it but I was able to buy about 3 things online so far. One site refused it.

No way would I put large sums on one of these cards. I mean, who are these people? Even big banks can go bust, never mind MyCashBuddy.gonk.uk

[Here endeth the rant]

Comment

Originally posted by Reg Addking View Post
              Cashplus, like Paypal, is not a bank. Banks only tolerate our whims because they're big and rotten with cash and are more regulated.

I don't see pre-paid debit-card providers tolerating large cash-flows or any kind of unusual activity on an account. I bet they're magnets for jiggery-pokery. I bet they're understaffed and operate on fairly small margins.

I was looking at various providers of these cards and the reviews were revealing. The negative ones seem to be from people who, reading between the lines, didn't appreciate the limitations of this medium.

Put £150 in, pay the charges, don't expect any support. If you get your beer money out of a manky cash machine on a Friday night, you're doing all right.

I settled on Kalixa eventually. I can't endorse it but I was able to buy about 3 things online so far. One site refused it.

No way would I put large sums on one of these cards. I mean, who are these people? Even big banks can go bust, never mind MyCashBuddy.gonk.uk

[Here endeth the rant]
              So you are saying that Kalixa is less suitable for my money laundering activities and it is accepted in less places online? I am not interested then.

You are missing something. They are not DEBIT cards, they are CREDIT cards, albeit prepaid. Which means by law they have to offer the same statuatory purchasing protection as an Amex Centurian. Don't overlook the value of this.

Comment

Working...
              X