• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fantastic Opportunity!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Opportunity!

Do you want to get paid in pretty shells and coloured beads?
    Does an expat life of sitting by yourself in a hotel bars with a Heineken welded to you hand appeal to you?
    Do you want to hire hookers for company, not sex because you have no social life?
    Are you prepared to fly to China or HK at the drop of a hat to listen to presentations in Chinese when you have no understanding of the language? Or anywhere else for that matter? Honduras perhaps in your first week?
    Can you speak 4 European languages fluently and demonstrate this at interview but then have no opprotunity to apply them in your job?
    Are you able to schedule meetings around your cocaine habit?
    Do you hold an MBA from a top tier university?
    Do you like getting shouted at?
    Do you like eating roadkill and strange creatures in a staff "canteen", when to no do so would culturally offend your clientco?
    Can you manage a headcount of 150 people who do not speak your language, ignore you and blatantly hate you because you are European?

Well you are in luck! My old contract is now being offered as an FTC at a whopping 30% of the contract rate (payable in local currency - shells & beads).

It has been pitched to me by a moronic agent, but sadly I have had to decline.

I gather you're a little frustrated?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      I gather you're a little frustrated?
      No I'm cool. I got paid a lot of money to sit in airplanes and get drunk while copy and pasting stuff.

I just wouldn't want to do it as an FTC on €600 a day, netting half of that though. I guess they rumbled that I was copy and pasting stuff and adjusted the rate accordingly.

Comment

Working...
      X