• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There I was looking for a House Price Heatmap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There I was looking for a House Price Heatmap

And they were all crap and didn't give me the average prices I wanted so I could analyze postcodes.

So then I came across this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...data-downloads

And the header data.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/about-the-price-paid-data

So I'm presently downloading the full last 30 years worth of data at 3.5gb & I'm going to go and crunch it in Tableau

Also think I may download some extra metrics like crime, employment, education benefits & immigration by post code & chuck the lot through SAP Predictive Analytics to get it to predict what the hot areas are going to be and which ones to avoid in the next few years.

If you can't find it, do it yourself.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Meanwhile those of us with a life are sipping mulled wine and watching Christmas movies.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Meanwhile those of us with a life are sipping mulled wine and watching Christmas movies.
      I just realized that if I added in the corresponding data from RightMove on how much a property was advertised for vs what it sold for, you'd be able to work out which areas are overpriced. If you then added in the Estate agency, you'd then be able to work out which one was a good 'un and which was a dodgy agent.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        you'd be able to work out which areas are overpriced.
        All of them surely???

Comment

Well according to the analysis for 2015,
          BLAENAU GWENT is the cheapest at an average of 89K. Where the fook is that?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Well according to the analysis for 2015,
            BLAENAU GWENT is the cheapest at an average of 89K. Where the fook is that?
            Oh wow. Well that worked.

Blaenau Gwent houses. Find houses for sale in Blaenau Gwent

Comment

Blaenau Gwent has the highest level of severe child poverty in Wales, as revealed by statistical data according to a report by Save the Children.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

£14,000 Guide Price*

1 bedroom end of terrace house for sale in 1A Roberts Terrace, Tredegar, NP22, NP22

Why can't they build big prisons there? Should be pretty cheap and any court would throw argument that the development would negatively affect the house prices.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  £14,000 Guide Price*

1 bedroom end of terrace house for sale in 1A Roberts Terrace, Tredegar, NP22, NP22

Why can't they build big prisons there? Should be pretty cheap and any court would throw argument that the development would negatively affect the house prices.
                  Isn't all of Wales an open prison
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Blaenau Gwent has the highest level of severe child poverty in Wales, as revealed by statistical data according to a report by Save the Children.
                    Hang on, I'm getting to that.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/browse-by-theme/index.html

Just seeing if Brillo is in here http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/taxonomy/i...ered+Offenders or Suity is in this one http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/taxonomy/i...ctims+of+Crime

Comment

Working...
                    X