• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role searching when in contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role searching when in contract

I only have 6 days remaining so keen to get straightened out for the new year.

I am having some challenges to get a decent interview set up, or for agents to appreciate I cannot really have a Skype interview on a flaky corporate wifi in a shared office with no meeting rooms at my disposal. Agents seem to think I can interview by Skype from my home which is around 70 miles away from the current client. I can Skyps from the hotel after working hours, but they insist it is during the day.

How many sniff around in the last week or so, and how many just knock it on the head then only search when you have all day free for hoop jumping? I have a very healthy warchest but just keen to get things straightened out for the new year.

Note – there is absolutely no work to be done here and I have had confirmation I will not be extended.

For the sake of six days tell the client you are willing to end now if there really is no work, that way you can focus on finding a new gig, 6 months gain at the cost of 6 days is a no brainer.

Although personally I take a few weeks of between contracts so never look whilst in contract, work to live not live to work etc.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      For the sake of six days tell the client you are willing to end now if there really is no work, that way you can focus on finding a new gig, 6 months gain at the cost of 6 days is a no brainer.

Although personally I take a few weeks of between contracts so never look whilst in contract, work to live not live to work etc.
      I am with you - the snag is that the rate I am on now is really good, which is around a months normal rate for my skillset. I am mentally masturbated.

Comment

How far is the hotel from the office?

If near then take a longer lunch for a personal appointment or finish early for a personal appointment.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I am with you - the snag is that the rate I am on now is really good, which is around a months normal rate for my skillset. I am mentally masturbated.
          Can you not take a masturbation break at your digs and attend the meeting once you are done?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Can you not take a masturbation break at your digs and attend the meeting once you are done?
            Only if he states it as an activity on his timesheet, he will need a project code to book it to.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So I could say this post is a load of wank and not get banned?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can't you just book yourself a meeting room and do the interview? Or do you need to ask permission for toilet breaks where you are?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Can't you just book yourself a meeting room and do the interview? Or do you need to ask permission for toilet breaks where you are?
                  Cos he needs to ask permission for toilet breaks.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Best paid permie in town.

Man up, take a long lunch and interview at 11 or 2.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X