• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS

That moment when after spending hours debugging something and trying to figure out how it's crashing without any of the error logging/catch handlers being triggered, and finally realise it's because that bit of code is actually working just fine and it's the line afterwards.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

That moment in 1987 when, after single stepping through over 300 lines of 8086 assembly language to get to the point where you know a pointer has been corrupted, you find it's the instruction immediately before that point that's been writing a 16 bit word to a variable defined as a byte, because the boss reckoned a free assembler that didn't do any size checking was more than adequate for professional use.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That moment when after spending hours debugging something and trying to figure out how it's crashing without any of the error logging/catch handlers being triggered, and finally realise I'm not very good at my job.
      FTFY
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

That moment when after spending hours trying to make your timesheet add up to the correct hours after spending most of the week on CUK, you realise that there's a cost code for BAU/AOB/Misc/Uncategorised/Other.

I fank you.

Comment

That moment when you spend a week writing some VBA guff, then you find a module that someone already wrote to do the same thing :/

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
            That moment when you spend a week writing some VBA guff, then you find VBA was obsolete 25 years ago
            FTFY.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X