• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know how annoying it is when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know how annoying it is when...

You know how annoying it is when you get put forward or contacted for the same role by different agencies. Pretty standard.

Imagine that a level up i.e. you failed a while back via agency a and you also got the opp with agency b sometime down the line. So far so mundane...

My story however...bet people can't top this tale of woe lol. An assignment comes to an end in odd circs, 3 days training and 2 days work. I thought I was doing ok but somebody clearly differed. But that's not the half of it...from this agency now twice they have contacted me about a role, another consultant...guess which role it is, the same role I got the old heave ho from this very same agency...confused I sure am you should be!

This happened to anyone before? Same agency putting you forward for same role you were sacked from within only 2-3 months...or is someone taking the p?
    Last edited by Would rather not be named; 14 December 2015, 16:03.

Remember an agent would sell their grandmother if they could make money.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am niche so quite often get approached by three or four agencies for the same role, the best was I was approached to apply for a role I had just turned down an extension for.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well this is true yeah but a role you've been sacked from via same agency lol? Bit crap/nuts/desperate who knows.

Comment

I'd love to offer advice but I don't get sacked.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Your sig says it all.

Comment

How bad do you have to be to be sacked in this game? Turn up every day, spend 8 hours on CUK, go home, invoice and repeat. It's obviously what everyone else is doing.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Tbh it wasn't IT or such it was something sales based so...they hire and fire rapidly. Use agencies and as an employer you get great perks.

LucidDementia reminds me of someone...someone based on his posting style. Someone I knew in real life or on fb at least posting style seems similar...but I am sure it isn't!
                Last edited by Would rather not be named; 14 December 2015, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Would rather not be named View Post
                  Tbh it wasn't IT or such it was something sales based so...they hire and fire rapidly. Use agencies and as an employer you get great perks.

LucidDementia reminds me of someone...someone based on his posting style. Someone I knew in real life or on fb at least posting style seems similar...but I am sure it isn't!

Which one is it? Real life or FacePlant?

I don't mix much with spivs salespeople so seems unlikely.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Would rather not be named View Post
                    You know how annoying it is when you get put forward or contacted for the same role by different agencies. Pretty standard.

Imagine that a level up i.e. you failed a while back via agency a and you also got the opp with agency b sometime down the line. So far so mundane...

My story however...bet people can't top this tale of woe lol. An assignment comes to an end in odd circs, 3 days training and 2 days work. I thought I was doing ok but somebody clearly differed. But that's not the half of it...from this agency now twice they have contacted me about a role, another consultant...guess which role it is, the same role I got the old heave ho from this very same agency...confused I sure am you should be!

This happened to anyone before? Same agency putting you forward for same role you were sacked from within only 2-3 months...or is someone taking the p?
                    There are probably a few clues in here What’s the deal with IT recruitment agencies? | Fasttrack Recruitment
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X