• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Students

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Students

I'd have thjought they'd have all packed up and gone home by now...

Apparently not, as evidenced by a post bevvie trip to the Merry Fryer last night.

So myself & my mate join a massive queue snaking out the door of the shop & as we inch towards the counter we notice the chippy is getting more and more peeved by the requests for "a small bag of chips with "bits"".

Now I didn't know what this meant but, by all accounts, it's what poor people in the north ask for when they go to the chip ship - it's all the little bits of batter that are periodically skimmed out of the fryer & some people like to eat them.

New one on me.

Anyway, when my mate Tony got to the front of the queue and said "fish and chips please" the bloke had to scrape his jaw off the ground. Think Tony doubled his previous hour's takings in an instant there.

Thought you would have been lining yourself up, for a post fish supper session, round the back.

Were they all mingers?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Thought you would have been lining yourself up, for a post fish supper session, round the back.

Were they all mingers?
      I'm having an abstemious week.

Need to be on tip top form for backstage after the Wells gig on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        poor people in the north
        Tautology alert!

Comment

Apparently not, as evidenced by a post bevvie trip to the Merry Fryer last night.

So myself & my mate join a massive queue snaking out the door of the shop & as we inch towards the counter we notice the chippy is getting more and more peeved by the requests for "a small bag of chips with "bits"".

Now I didn't know what this meant but, by all accounts, it's what poor people in the north ask for when they go to the chip ship - it's all the little bits of batter that are periodically skimmed out of the fryer & some people like to eat them.

New one on me.

blah.
          Fook me seems like you found a time machine too...

that was what people used to ask for - when it cost a shiny penny and you got 240 of them to the pound!

Comment

So myself & my mate
            I stopped reading at that point.

Comment

They're called scrapings round here, I think.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They're called scraps round here, I think.
                FTFY
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  FTFY
                  WHS +1

Served with Pea Wet for those on a really tight budget.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm having an abstemious week.

Need to be on tip top form for backstage after the Wells gig on Saturday.
                    Full tank?

Sure you do, I'm sure all those boys aren't going to service themselves
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X