• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A man I truly respect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A man I truly respect

With all the furore about what the Head of Army the key message was lost. I will off course make sure the sentiment is expressed.

The General is a practising Christian and this informs his views on the Army's role and place in society. He believes our weak values have allowed the predatory Islamist vision to take hold.

"We can't wish the Islamist challenge to our society away and I believe that the Army, both in Iraq and Afghanistan and probably wherever we go next, is fighting the foreign dimension of the challenge to our accepted way of life.

"We need to face up to the Islamist threat, to those who act in the name of Islam and in a perverted way try to impose Islam by force on societies that do not wish it. In the Cold War, the threats to this country were about armies rolling in. Threats now are not territorial but to the values of our country.

"In the Army we place a lot of store by the values we espouse. What I would hate is for the Army to be maintaining a set of values that were not reflected in our society at large — courage, loyalty, integrity, respect for others; these are critical things.

"I think it is important as an Army entrusted with using lethal force that we do maintain high values and that there is a moral dimension to that and a spiritual dimension.

"When I see the Islamist threat I hope it doesn't make undue progress because there is a moral and spiritual vacuum in this country. Our society has always been embedded in Christian values; once you have pulled the anchor up there is a danger that our society moves with the prevailing wind. "There is an element of the moral compass spinning. I am responsible for the Army, to make sure that its moral compass is well aligned and that we live by what we believe in.

"It is said we live in a post-Christian society. I think that is a great shame. The Judaic-Christian tradition has underpinned British society. It underpins the British Army." I ask what this means for Muslim soldiers and their allegiance.

"These are British Muslims who are also British soldiers. If they are prepared to take the Queen’s shilling they will go wherever the mission requires them to go."

From The Daily Mail
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

F*** *** THY ***T!

And wash your hands well tonight - they are in blood up to your neck.

Comment

I respect him for speaking out, but I really really hope that it's nothing to do with religious beliefs as if it is he's lost all credibility for himself and the very sensible views he's expressed will be dismissed.

I know this will sound stupidly naive, but doesn't "thou shalt not kill" kind of make christian soldiers look like the worse kind of hypocrites? I know, I know, christians conveniently pick and choose the bits of the bible that best justifies whatever they want to do that week, so it's a pointless argument to have.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
        doesn't "thou shalt not kill" kind of make christian soldiers look like the worse kind of hypocrites?
        It's okay to kill heretics, their wifes and children, pets, and burn their houses in the name of the Lord.

hth

Chico

Comment

What better than to have a gun in your hand and God in your heart. Let us follow the Book Chico and kill all the non-believers. Join the crusade now while you still can.

Comment

It is the attitude of the self styled namby pamby atheist pagans who have allowed the Islamofascists free rein to blow us up on the tube, make ghettoes of areas, and swindle benefits while at the same vowing jihad on us.
            The atheists never learn. Until it is too late for them.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              It is the attitude of the self styled namby pamby atheist pagans who have allowed the Islamofascists free rein to blow us up on the tube, make ghettoes of areas, and swindle benefits while at the same vowing jihad on us.
              The atheists never learn. Until it is too late for them.
              Atheist pagans?

Well I'll leave that one.

So basically you're saying that it's the fault of the atheists for practicing such namby pamby principles such as "love thy neighbour" and "thou shalt not kill", and we should follow the lead of the christians and their intolerance and destruction of other cultures and people?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Chico you just need to get laid mate, I am sure if you ask then most CUKers will gladly donate some cash towards getting you some cheap hooker - this should change your life priorities a bit.

Comment

"Trust in the Lord & keep your powder dry".

Works for me...

Atheist Pagans?

Is that the same as a Pagan Atheist?

I know a Pagan Pagan, if that's any help...

Comment

The more I read this crap that Chico churns out the more I want to strangle him !!!!
                    Does this make me bad ?
                    Stupid b'stard pompous self righteous arrogant little tulip !!

Comment

Working...
                    X