• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Friday Christmas Feeling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Friday Christmas Feeling

8:00 arrive in the office to be met by a blur of Christmas jumpers.

9:00 Concentration hindered by ghetto blaster playing Christmas music.

10:00 Press-ganged into buying raffle tickets and entry to the office charity bingo.

11:00 The bingo begins. Tools downed throughout the offices as an email is being fired out to all and sundry every couple of minutes with a number in it.

11:30 Same bingo game dragging on, oh so slowly.

12:00 Office network crashes under the strain (ironically denying the IT Director his rightful win).

13:00 Told to stop working on the one task I have because it is adversely impacting someone working on the same piece of code.

13:30 Having scratched around for other work, only to find none of it has been approved, decide to read internet, but internet is unavailable due to the networking issues.

14:00 Decide to go home. Go to car park (see previous thread detailing chronic parking problems at client site) to discover my car is blocked in by seven other vehicles.

14:05. Back at desk. Internet is working. Phew.

Shouldn't you be invoicing?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Shouldn't you be invoicing?
      he is, to whit:

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
      Back at desk. Internet is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        he is, to whit:
        Sorry, i'm a bit too pissed to concentrate on anything properly

Comment

Today the Mumbai/New York mob have been giving me hell. Probably busiest day in last 3 months.

Who are these heathens who don't celebrate Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Today the Mumbai/New York mob have been giving me hell. Probably busiest day in last 3 months.

Who are these heathens who don't celebrate Christmas?
            American?

Happy Holidays!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
              14:00 Decide to go home. Go to car park (see previous thread detailing chronic parking problems at client site) to discover my car is blocked in by seven other vehicles.

14:05. Back at desk. Internet is working. Phew.
              Wow. Only 5 minutes to walk from your desk to your car and back again....?

Comment

Working...
              X