• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More free money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More free money

UK house prices to jump by 6% in 2016: Rics - FTAdviser.com

UK house prices to are set to increase an average of 6 per cent over the course of the year, according to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

The organisation’s housing forecast for 2016 stated that East Anglia is continuing the trend seen in that region during 2015, with the highest predicted house price rise at 8 per cent.
    Something for Mauve Monkey to think about over Christmas.

George Osbourne's tax decisions are based on a report by a 22 year old

Rent rises could soon outpace house prices, warn surveyors - BBC News

"Simon Rubinsohn, Rics chief economist, blamed government moves to discourage buy-to-let landlords."

Odd that, isn't it George Osbourne? Just goes to show that you shouldn't base wide reaching economic decisions on a report written by a 22 year old inexperienced graduate:-

Landlord Tax Grab - source document EXPOSED | Property118.com

"The landlord tax grab, which will make the housing crisis worse, was proposed by David Kingman, a non-economist, in a deeply flawed report which he wrote in 2013, the year he left university with a degree in – Geography"

Comment

TBF, the average economics graduate would probably come up with something even worse, knowing what they're taught these days.

Comment

Much as I'd like to, I don't believe a word of this

2015-12-22 Existing Home Sales Collapse - Worst November In History

(although that is the US)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          "The landlord tax grab, which will make the housing crisis worse, was proposed by David Kingman, a non-economist, in a deeply flawed report which he wrote in 2013, the year he left university with a degree in – Geography"

Comment

Have we seen a more incompetent govt than this in our lifetime? Idiots led by morons, advised by cretins.....
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              Have we seen a more incompetent govt than this in our lifetime? Idiots led by morons, advised by cretins.....
              I am sure they can and will do much worse than this ...

On a brighter note: USD/GBP: 1.48

Comment

All going to plan, don't worry, be happy: Economy concerns as household debt rises to £40bn in latest figures | Business | The Guardian

forecasts have found that households have moved from a surplus of £67bn in 2010, the year the coalition took power, to a £40bn deficit this year.
                As someone in the comments said:

I'm forever blowing bubbles
                Pretty bubbles in the air
                They fly so high
                Nearly reach the sky
                Then like my dreams
                They fade and die
                Fortunes always hiding
                I've looked everywhere
                I'm forever blowing bubbles
                Pretty bubbles in the air
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

forecasts have found that households have moved from a surplus of £67bn in 2010, the year the coalition took power, to a £40bn deficit this year.
                  Because you can get a dozen interest free credit cards, no questions asked, and a personal loan at about 3% APR. Within 24 hrs you've got more borrowed money than you can earn in a year.

Money is so cheap, everyone is gorging on it, back to the old "My house has gone up £200K so we're spending it like Beckham..."

Tories will carry on regardless and hand the sorry mess to some other LibLabCon s

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Because you can get a dozen interest free credit cards, no questions asked, and a personal loan at about 3% APR. Within 24 hrs you've got more borrowed money than you can earn in a year.

Money is so cheap, everyone is gorging on it, back to the old "My house has gone up £200K so we're spending it like Beckham..."

Tories will carry on regardless and hand the sorry mess to some other LibLabCon s
                    2008 made alot of difference didn't it.

Comment

Working...
                    X