• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car for business travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car for business travel

Hmm, so it appears that Spanish tax law is not quite geared up for electric vehicles & I cannot expense mileage in my Tesla.

As 90% of my business travel is solo, I am kind of stumped as to what to buy. What is a comfortable car to cover motorway distances solo?

I think the safe option is a Golf or A3, with the advantage that I will actually be able to park it in Madrid - but are these good for a 300 mile run, without being knackered on arrival? A BMW 330d might be an idea, but parking is a serious consideration.

I addition to the Golf, and A3, you might like the slightly smaller A1 in Black Edition spec. Then there's the Merc A45.

If you want to blend-in whilst in Spain, why not a Seat Leon?

PS. Mind you the Audi is expensive, has a very uncomfortable ride, poor reliability and is generally chosen by winkers.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S, with 140 bhp engine, leather, looks good, much cheaper and easy to park.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 26 December 2015, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I addition to the Golf, and A3, you might like the slightly smaller A1 in Black Edition spec. Then there's the Merc A45.

If you want to blend-in whilst in Spain, why not a Seat Leon?

PS. Mind you the Audi is expensive, has a very uncomfortable ride, poor reliability and is generally chosen by winkers.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S, with 140 bhp engine, leather, looks good, much cheaper and easy to park.
      Thanks for the answer.

I think the A1, A45 (as much as a hoot that would be) and the Fiesta are probably not going to be comfortable enough for my frame 6 foot 1, 100KG. I always have a problem with shoulder & elbow space. I guess the only way to find out is to go on some test drives.

I have the winker part covered by my ownership of an A8 W12. But I think your argument about the A3's ride is valid & reason to discount it.

I tend to buy cars on depreciation, hence why i was considering the Golf & the A3 which have higher residuals. The Leon would blend in with the locals, but the plastics are shocking. That said while i consider that VAG platform, if Skoda give the Octavia the same treatment as they gave the New Superb, that may very well be an option.

Dare I say the Superb is an absolutey stunning car for the money? Just too big for my needs when I already have a Tesla S & an Audi A8.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        ........... when I already have a Tesla S & an Audi A8.
        Not to mention a walter mitty imagination.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Not to mention a walter mitty imagination.
          Yeah, here I am imagining I was driving in Munich yesterday....

Comment

Working...
          X