• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the pro-business Govt, with love...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the pro-business Govt, with love...

" The boss of one micro firm said that it would be “better to go on the dole than try and run a business” under the new regime. "

“Quarterly filing would double our accountancy fees, which would be such a financial burden that we may as well not bother to run a business at all.”

Source: Small business owners 'better off on the dole' if proposed tax return changes go through - Telegraph

When fookwit Osborne first mentioned that he removes Annual Tax Return I thought he is a lying scumbag, but it turned out he said the truth

Oh, by the way, I'd like to take this opportunity to send a special Xmas message to knut Osborne on the subject of VAT -

... what kind of fookwit in HMRC decided that:

1) VAT return is 1 month after quarter end
    2) EC Sales list is about 20 days
    3) The Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) - is a bit different from #2

What the fook could not it be one single cut off date, ideally 1 month?????

Comment

You know he (well, maybe one of his many public service minions) reads CUK and he's only doing this to piss you off, just you, no-one else
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        You know he (well, maybe one of his many public service minions) reads CUK and he's only doing this to piss you off, just you, no-one else
        I am actually counting on it

Comment

Maybe we need a few more MPs that have actually run a small business. Next election aTW... I'll vote for you.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Maybe we need a few more MPs that have actually run a small business. Next election aTW... I'll vote for you.
            Hmmm you mean like Defence Secretaries that have actually seen service, Education Ministers that have taught, Health Secretary's with perhaps a medical qualification?

Naw - it will never catch on
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

watch out the russkies are coming!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Hmmm you mean like Defence Secretaries that have actually seen service, Education Ministers that have taught, Health Secretary's with perhaps a medical qualification?

Naw - it will never catch on
                Well, not in the UK anyway...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...badass-colonel

Comment

I am too honest to get elected

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I am too honest to get elected
                    If you are happy to remain a back bencher you can say what you like once elected.

However it's best to start as a councillor first, which is a thankless job, as it will enable you to brown nose the local party who select the MP.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X