• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 days after cancer diagnosis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days after cancer diagnosis

Obituary: Lemmy, Motorhead frontman - BBC News

Not long after Philthy Animal as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34803204
    Last edited by anonymouse; 29 December 2015, 01:52.

Truly one of a kind

Comment

Considering the lifestyle 70 is pretty good going.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Ha! Didnt know he was in the Rockin Vicars! They were a local band who my brother followed around regularly. I was too young at the time but I thought the name funny.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

It's a bummer....it's a bummer...it's a bummer!!!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Live fast, die young.

Though he was 70.
            I'm amazed he made he that far, anyway RIP Lemmy

Comment

Sad he seemed a nice chap.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I first saw Lemmy in the old Hawkwind days and when he left to form Motörhead I went along to see one of their very first gigs which was at the Hermit Club in Brentwood in October 1978. The next time I saw them was when they had released their first (some say second) album 'Motörhead' at the Chelmsford Odeon which was quite a memorable gig. I've never seen them since but have had occasion to run into Lemmy a couple of times. Once was at the Marquee where he was propping up the bar with Charlie Harper of the U.K.Subs (who is also 70 now and still doing countless concerts worldwide, I meet up with him when he's over here) and had a pleasant beer with them both. People only really know him for Motörhead and possibly Hawkwind but his roots are rock and roll, check out the Rocking Vicars (his father was an army chaplain) and then Sam Gopal. I enjoyed the curmudgeonly old bugger...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

29 December 2015
                  11:16

I bought the original Motorhead album on collectable white vinyl at the age of fifteen, and I still have it, though not the sleeve,sadly, that got pinned to my bedroom wall. First saw the band around the same time, at Leeds University, and I knew then that here was a musical phenomenon unlike anything else. Been at many, many gigs since, including the iconic Reading and Port Vale performances, where Lemmy quipped 'This is the biggest PA in Europe, so when you go home you can say to your friends - 'What?'

The records are great however Lemmy's natural habitat was the stage, and while his loss is tragic, if not exactly unexpected, it was fab that he kept it going long enough that I got to go with my son to Manchester Apollo (sold out - by a pensioner!), Hyde Park and of course Download.

Nobody had or ever will live the rock and roll lifestyle like this man. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypAC2bxarmQ
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Last edited by BlasterBates; 29 December 2015, 13:06.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X