• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A wink a day keeps the doctor away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wink a day keeps the doctor away

Most on here should be pretty safe, but reinforcing the message shouldn't harm...

An orgasm a day could keep prostate cancer away, scientists claim - Telegraph

I have five a day, just to be sure.

It hurts after about three.

A friend told me.

Comment

The results part of the paper says:

Ejaculation frequency was inversely associated with age, but positively associated with BMI, physical activity, divorce, history of sexually transmitted infection, and consumption of calories and alcohol. Having had a PSA test by 2008, total number of PSA tests, and frequency of prostate biopsy were similar across categories of ejaculation frequency, but differences in prostate cancer treatment were apparent. After controlling for potential confounders, higher monthly ejaculation frequency was associated with a statistically significant decreased risk of total prostate cancer compared to the reference group at every time period. The hazard ratios (95% CI) comparing at least 21 ejaculations/month to 4-7 ejaculations/month were 0.81 (0.72-0.91; p-trend<0.0001) at age 20-29; 0.78 (0.68-89; p-trend<0.0001) at age 40-49; 0.75 (0.61-93; p-trend=0.0007) in 1991; and 0.66 (0.52-0.83; p-trend<0.0001) for the lifetime average. The associations were driven by organ-confined and low-grade prostate cancer. Results were not modified by erectile dysfunction, vasectomy or PSA screening.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The results part of the paper says:

Ejaculation frequency was inversely associated with age, but positively associated with BMI, physical activity, divorce, history of sexually transmitted infection, and consumption of calories and alcohol. Having had a PSA test by 2008, total number of PSA tests, and frequency of prostate biopsy were similar across categories of ejaculation frequency, but differences in prostate cancer treatment were apparent. After controlling for potential confounders, higher monthly ejaculation frequency was associated with a statistically significant decreased risk of total prostate cancer compared to the reference group at every time period. The hazard ratios (95% CI) comparing at least 21 ejaculations/month to 4-7 ejaculations/month were 0.81 (0.72-0.91; p-trend<0.0001) at age 20-29; 0.78 (0.68-89; p-trend<0.0001) at age 40-49; 0.75 (0.61-93; p-trend=0.0007) in 1991; and 0.66 (0.52-0.83; p-trend<0.0001) for the lifetime average. The associations were driven by organ-confined and low-grade prostate cancer. Results were not modified by erectile dysfunction, vasectomy or PSA screening.
        Can you do a management summary please ?

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
          Can you do a management summary please ?
          It won't keep the deadly cancers away, but 21 orgasms a month means a lower risk of getting the other cancers than if you only have 7 orgasms a month (when averaged over a population - for you, such is the way of statistics and biology - it might increase the chances for all we know).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It hurts after about three.

A friend told me.
            Practice makes perfect..

Comment

Is that why MrsBP has 15 a day? One for each of the rugby team....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is that why MrsBP has 15 a day? One for each of the rugby team....
                You forgot the subs...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You forgot the subs...
                  I assumed they were all subs when MrsBP is around.....

MF popped round the other day. MrsBP said she preferred cancer.

Comment

Ejaculation frequency was... positively associated with BMI... consumption of calories and alcohol
                    So all I have to do to counter my old fart loss of libido is get fat and drink more booze? Excellent.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X