• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things I learned in 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I learned in 2015

Moyes is rubbish

Osborne is rubbish

people come and go so fast around here

beer still tastes good

tugging is good for your bum-hole (I only learned that today)
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Osborne is a poor liar.

The EA and associated environmental ministers are worse liars.

Daffodils can flower in December like roses.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I learned

1) that I like port (am reconfirming this as we speak)
      2) the meaning of the word "recuse"
      3) that 0870 numbers cost 45p per minute from my mobile

Think that's it.

Comment

CUK is full generalizations, extrapolations and trolling.

Hang on - I discovered that in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          CUK is full generalizations, extrapolations and trolling.

Hang on - I discovered that in 2006.
          Do you have an American spellchecker?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Do you have an American spellchecker?
            Yes. I discovered that in 2015....

Comment

We had almost finished the thread conversation, and were packing up, when you arrived, being angry and rude.

Eschewing the usual pleasantries exhanged at the beginning of a conversation, you chose to angrily snap "Is that what you wrote?" at us.

Believing that for some reason you were interested in the information provided, perchance to peruse the knowledge you might gain, we left it with you and said "No, you can have it."

You read it, and for some reason this confused you. And made you ruderer and angrier.

You then replied, snapping, "Is this what YOU think?" My reactions sloshed about but, luckily for you, I wasn't offended. It's a Serious Thing to mess with an Englishman's ideas and thoughts.

I then gathered your drift. You were asking in an angry and rude way if you could parry with us. But instead of asking in a normal way, you were being a rude and angry boor.

Realising that you were a rude and angry information-sloshing boor, I decided to mess with your tiny mind. I summoned up my best plummy English public school accent, and spoke loud enough for everyone else to hear, "I'm sorry, I think you're trying to ask in a rude round-about way if you can join in and reply. Why don't you just ask if you can reply here politely, and we'll probably say 'Yes'."

Your face began to turn a strange shade of beetroot, and you stammered, "There's no need to be so rude."

I replied, "No, I think you're being rude, but if you ask nicely, of course you can join in."

Unfortunately, this magnanimous gesture was not taken up. Instead you muttered to your cohorts, threatening to call me horrible names. Charming!

You continued to be rude, whilst I continued to ask if you'd like to reply coherently and factually. Some part of your brain is broken, as instead of doing this, you continued being angry and rude.

Eventually, we finally asked "Would you like to join in as an adult or not?"

You all replied "No", and we replied "Okay, bye then!", turned away from you, and continued our conversation, that you had so rudely (and angrily) interrupted.

You stormed off to find another thread, and left your dull-witted cohorts aimlessly in the thread. They confusedly told us that "There was no need to be so rude. You only had to ask."

I corrected them, telling her "No, HE only needed to ask politely and reply factually and politely." They walked off burbling incoherently to herself.

You eventually, after a few minutes, found another thread to join, and started your incorrect theme fuming and glaring at me. The other participants were all looking at you and commenting on how rude and stupid you'd been and laughing at you which seemed to be winding you up.

I tried to show that there were no hard feelings by smiling and winking at you, but this seemed to make you even angrier. You were trying to decide whether or not to move back to our thread and make a scene again, and the will-I wont'-I hovering maneuver you were making between threads as you couldn't decide was so sweet to watch.

We finished our conversation, and as we left, some normal people came over and showed you how it should be done: "Hello, that was interesting? Do you mind if we continue the theme of the thread in a correct and factual manner when you leave?" And we smiled at them and told them to feel free, and smiled at you and watched your crimson physog and stand-up-sit-down dance, and the overall effect was that it looked a bit like you were straining to have a poo in your pants.

In retrospect, I think I was a bit of a twat for winding you up...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I learned

1) that I like port (am reconfirming this as we speak)
                2) the meaning of the word "recuse"
                3) that 0870 numbers cost 45p per minute from my mobile

Think that's it.
                4) I learned that there are shades of beetroot. (I only learned that today.)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  4) I learned that there are shades of beetroot. (I only learned that today.)
                  I often wonder about beetroot. I want to know which is the least talked about vegetable on the earth.
                  And I often wonder if it is beetroot
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I often wonder about beetroot. I want to know which is the least talked about vegetable on the earth.
                    And I often wonder if it is beetroot
                    It has just dropped off that spot.

That position is now enjoyed by the artichoke.

Comment

Working...
                    X