• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mortgage issues - poor credit score

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage issues - poor credit score

hi all i have been looking to get myself a mortgage - i wont go into detail of how much etc however i was wondering if anyone here has got a poor credit score and was still able to secure a mortgage. If so, who did you use?

I have spoken to CMME and they have said no. I have sent my details for Freelance Financial however will probably not know now till next week.

Is there any other brokers who would consider poor credit score contractors?

thanks in advance

There are only a little a limited never of mortgage providers for contractors, Halifax, Clydesdale, Virgin and maybe one or two more. It's them that are your problem not the brokers. You could go to every single one of them but they will just offer the same same limited products. I'd see what FF says first and then re-asses your options. Going to other brokers isn't going to help.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Register at www.noddle.co.uk and you can check your credit score and your full credit report for free. You can check where your adverse credit lies, any judgements against you and all searches amongst other information. In return you get one monthly email and a reminder that your credit report has been updated.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Have you looked at the cloud tags with "mortgage" in them? Another couple of names in there.

Though if CMME said no you will struggle. Have they indicated what you can change to help?

Comment

30 day free trial with Experian

https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/sign-...eVersionID=642

Figure out what's causing your bad credit score and whether you can improve it.

I'd start there.

Comment

Mortgage?? What's that?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Mortgage?? What's that?
              Ask your butler.

Comment

As found recommended on this very forum.... clearscore.com is an excellent free website with all your credit details

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Mortgage?? What's that?
                  WHS

Just bring with yourself a few of those and buy for cash.

Comment

Originally posted by loneb View Post
                    hi all i have been looking to get myself a mortgage - i wont go into detail of how much etc however i was wondering if anyone here has got a poor credit score and was still able to secure a mortgage. If so, who did you use?

I have spoken to CMME and they have said no. I have sent my details for Freelance Financial however will probably not know now till next week.

Is there any other brokers who would consider poor credit score contractors?

thanks in advance
                    You should be fine if you can manage to be financially "clean" for 6 months, with no missed obligatory payments, and you aren't maxed out on any credit or debit cards. I believe those are the main criteria they use.

If that is the case already, and you have no drastic financial hiccups like bankruptcy or unsatisfied court judgements for debt, and no major ongoing expenditure such as student loans or maintenance payments, I don't know what to suggest besides getting a permanent job even if only temporarily.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X