• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot and Moist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot and Moist

Remarkable UK weather - December was the warmest on record - some 4 degrees above average, and 100-year rainfall records smashed in Scotland, Wales and the north-west of England, costs estimated at £5 billion, more than £3 billion above a 'normal' year.

More heavy storms and peturbations in the jetstream the proximate cause ...

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Are we supposed to extrapolate?

Comment

Hot and moist mmm. Oh weather!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Interesting choice of date range between 1981 & 2010

The UK annual average rainfall has increased by a relatively small amount - around 2% - when comparing 1981-2010 with 1971-2000. This is a similar increase to that from 1961-1990 to 1971-2000.
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

A few days too late but just crossed my mind that a slight rearrangement of "Bah, Humbug" is "Hah! Bumhug" Sounds much more fun.

What? Yes. It's entirely on topic, you just need to exist in a higher plain to understand.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What about the dry bits in the south and east? less than 75% usual rainfall.

Simple solution, live there. Nice and convenient for those £2K per day contracts in London too.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              What about the dry bits in the south and east? less than 75% usual rainfall.

Simple solution, live there. Nice and convenient for those £2K per day contracts in London too.
              Trying to fill your BTL slums?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Trying to fill your BTL slums?
                Immigrants don't like the cold and wet, so yes.

Comment

Brill today in Fuffix. Out in tea shirt as usual. Although very soggy, what rain we do get seems all to happen at night.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Immigrants don't like the cold and wet, so yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X