• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin

I have to spend the next 3 days there - any ideas what to do? Presumably its pretty cr@p on a monday and tuesday night!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I have to spend the next 3 days there - any ideas what to do? Presumably its pretty cr@p on a monday and tuesday night!
    Nah. Huge amount of unemployed or students so Monday is like any other day. Head for the former Eastern part where all the bars and clubs are - forget names but any guide book should have 'em.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Head for the former Eastern part where all the bars and clubs are
      Looks like the Western Germany is working their arse off, but the Eastern one is partying like it was still reunification day?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Looks like the Western Germany is working their arse off, but the Eastern one is partying like it was still reunification day?
        Spandau Ballet perhaps ?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          Wander down to Oranji thingy strasse and tag onto one of the organised pub crawls. At the McDonalds end of the road there is an old squat which is now quite a decent bar. Opposite there is an excellent indian. I have absolutely no idea what they are called though 'cos I'm always far to too pissed when I get there.

There is also is a strange trade there with lots of delightful eastern european girls who seem to want to park elderly gentlemens cars for them. You should be very concerned about their welfare since they seem to own very little clothing.

Don't expect to find a taxi without a bit of hoofing about in the early hours and I also found I could never get into a bank with my UK card in order to use the cash dispenser.

Comment

This place is good for a laugh
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
              Wander down to Oranji thingy strasse and tag onto one of the organised pub crawls. At the McDonalds end of the road there is an old squat which is now quite a decent bar. Opposite there is an excellent indian. I have absolutely no idea what they are called though 'cos I'm always far to too pissed when I get there.

There is also is a strange trade there with lots of delightful eastern european girls who seem to want to park elderly gentlemens cars for them. You should be very concerned about their welfare since they seem to own very little clothing.

Don't expect to find a taxi without a bit of hoofing about in the early hours and I also found I could never get into a bank with my UK card in order to use the cash dispenser.
              You got it spot on though I had no problem getting a taxi, 2 nights running I flagged down a cab and paid with a £10 note after 'spending' all my euro's.

Also those girls you mention are pretty good at finding working cash machines.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Tony,

you should go to the Kulture Brawery

Former brewery, now full of bars and stuff excellent

You can get to it by U bahn

Milan.

Comment

I could recommend one or two places Tony. Put a big smile on your face

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
                    I could recommend one or two places Tony. Put a big smile on your face
                    I don't think Tony is as into gay saunas as you are.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X