• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why apps are evil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why apps are evil

Couple miss out on £35m Lotto jackpot after web blunder - Telegraph

Following on from the news that suitys bank account was hacked by an app, a couple "lose" £35m. They should have stuck to a piece of paper from the corner shop.

They admit they didn't get a confirmation and didn't check for one so its a case of 'user IQ too low'!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      They admit they didn't get a confirmation and didn't check for one so its a case of 'user IQ too low'!
      That can be said of all lottery users. And yes, I do have a lottery direct debit.

I always hope that lady luck(stupidity in large numbers) might pick on me. Even lady luck wants to divorce me....

Comment

I rarely do it but when I do, I regularly win. Just really tiny amounts unfortunately, email about £6.30 today from Friday's Euromillions. Got 2 free lucky dip tickets on previous two times I entered. No massive jackpots but at least it almost pays for itself.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The last time I gave Camelot any money was when I was in a syndicate at my last permie place, in it for 5 years and we won sod all

Comment

in it for 5 years and we won sod all
            That's about what everybody I know says, so really odd I regularly get these little wins (3 in a row counting free tickets as I said above). Think I will keep a record from now on or people will think I'm making it up.

PS Just checked back to April. Spent £36, won £31.30 and 3 free tickets. Almost free!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              That's about what everybody I know says, so really odd I regularly get these little wins (3 in a row counting free tickets as I said above). Think I will keep a record from now on or people will think I'm making it up.

PS Just checked back to April. Spent £36, won £31.30 and 3 free tickets. Almost free!
              See what you get for sacrificing Traffic Wardens & HMRC Investigators weekly!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                The last time I gave Camelot any money was when I was in a syndicate at my last permie place, in it for 5 years and we won sod all
                So about as good as the CUK syndicate then....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  So about as good as the CUK syndicate then....
                  Thing is once you're in a work syndicate they've got you as you dare not leave until you actually leave for a new job somewhere else just in case the rest of the dept hits it big, no matter how infinitesimally small that possibility may be

Comment

Working...
                  X