• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Choice ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Choice ?

I want to buy a car with a £15-18k budget, not fussed manual/auto or petrol/diesel, am willing to go up to 5 years old and 60k mileage. I don't do many miles a year, so economy is not a major factor as I also want something with a bit of poke.

Any suitable models to be recommended ?

BMW 6 series

Comment

Porsche 911.2 Turbo S.

Comment

If you do a low mileage get a petrol.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Porsche 911.2 Turbo S.
          The budget suggests a Tamiya scale model, unless one can find a stolen one in the Ukraine...?
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            I want to buy a car with a £15-18k budget, not fussed manual/auto or petrol/diesel, am willing to go up to 5 years old and 60k mileage. I don't do many miles a year, so economy is not a major factor as I also want something with a bit of poke.

Any suitable models to be recommended ?
            Well, this comes within your monetary budget
            http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01510077582289
            so you'll be able to drive around like a real contractor. It should also meet your 'bit of poke' criteria.
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              BMW 6 series
              Incredible car for the money, based mostly on it's horrendous looks. But hell, you are not sitting on the bonnet.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Porsche 911.2 Turbo S.
              Having owned one of these in Germany, trundling along UK roads in one would just fill me with sadness.

Comment

Plenty of 1-2 year old GT86s for that money.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Plenty of 1-2 year old GT86s for that money.
                  Or you could get a Subaru BRZ if you don't want a Toyota even if it is the same car.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You really shouldn't be looking at sticker price, rather depreciation.

Tesla Model S Depreciation Better Than Any Other Car In UK

Says Mr Smug.

Comment

Working...
                    X