• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for project managers....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for project managers....

Hi. I have my agile scrum prince2 qualifications. Is there anything else that others would recommend? I'm looking to open up the possibility of working in other areas, still in the project management field. I've heard that the it security industry pays well, are there any particular certifications that would lend themselves to working in that field?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Best advice: don't post this sort of thing Specifically In General.

There's a reason it says "Abandon hope" at the top. Just saying, like.
    Sorry don't understand, where should it go then? What's wrong with it being in general?

Comment

Project Management, ha ha, Project Management Humor from CVR/IT Consulting
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Stop collecting certifications and get some experience.

Looking at CVs this weekend.

2 PMs with every cert under the sun, some minor E2E projects. (aka professional students)
        1 PM with a P2 F that he took years ago, just finished a €30M E2E DC. (aka project manager)

Guess who I am interviewing tomorrow
        Last edited by clearedforlanding; 3 January 2016, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Guess who I am interviewing tomorrow?
          The one with the big norks?

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
            The one with the big norks?
            Naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by tails007 View Post
              Sorry don't understand, where should it go then? What's wrong with it being in general?
              General is a bearpit where anything goes and we can call you what we want and can use the winker emoticon with gay abandon. In the professional fora we cannot.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                General is a bearpit where anything goes and we can call you what we want and can use the winker emoticon with gay abandon. In the professional fora we cannot.
                NLUK knows his stuff. You may as well wander over to /r/atheism and announce you are the Pope, than attempt to ask PM related questions in General.

Comment

Wheres the pulling pants down smiley??

Comment

As a recruiter of PMs. I am far more interested in what people can practically do and what they have done and how than in which tests they passed. Something like Prince 2 will get you past an agents filter and shows you may understand common terminology, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                    X