• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There ain't nothing like a Dame...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There ain't nothing like a Dame...

Isn't it nice to see people rewarded for doing such a good job..?

HMRC chief exec made a Dame | AccountingWEB

I don't like EastEnders but have been told others do which I assume is why Babs Windsor is a Dame too
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Comment

is it actually related to her work with HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by jamespoole View Post
            is it actually related to her work with HMRC?
            " For public service particularly to Public Finance."

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...rsFullList.pdf

Comment

"Under Homer’s leadership during the past year, HMRC boasted of lowering the tax gap, collecting more tax and ushering in digital services to cut costs and improve the tax system. A HMRC spokesperson commented: “Since joining in January 2012, Lin Homer has led HMRC to deliver more and at a lower cost to taxpayers than ever before. Last year alone we brought in record breaking revenues of more than £517bn and we increased compliance yields to £26.6bn, up by 43% since 2011-12 - all achieved through tougher enforcement and record prosecutions of tax cheats.

“All of this was delivered at the same time as improving our customer service and continuing to roll-out a transformation programme that will see us reduce our estate costs by £100m per year by 2025”

Seriously

So costs to the tax payer have been lowered? Presumably by the tax payer paying more tax
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                "Under Homer’s leadership during the past year, HMRC boasted of lowering the tax gap, collecting more tax and ushering in digital services to cut costs and improve the tax system. A HMRC spokesperson commented: “Since joining in January 2012, Lin Homer has led HMRC to deliver more and at a lower cost to taxpayers than ever before. Last year alone we brought in record breaking revenues of more than £517bn and we increased compliance yields to £26.6bn, up by 43% since 2011-12 - all achieved through tougher enforcement and record prosecutions of tax cheats.

“All of this was delivered at the same time as improving our customer service and continuing to roll-out a transformation programme that will see us reduce our estate costs by £100m per year by 2025”

Seriously

So costs to the tax payer have been lowered? Presumably by the tax payer paying more tax
                DOH...

so they are selling off their estates to a tax haven again?

Though give them their due according to the figures they do seem to be getting tougher on tax evaders and mistakenly some tax avoiders.

the customer service bit is apparently over cooked.

HMRC defends call waiting times of 47 minutes - BBC News
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  DOH...

so they are selling off their estates to a tax haven again?

Though give them their due according to the figures they do seem to be getting tougher on tax evaders and mistakenly some tax avoiders.

the customer service bit is apparently over cooked.

HMRC defends call waiting times of 47 minutes - BBC News
                  Of course whether or not the figures quoted are actually right is another matter ......House of Commons - HMRC's progress in improving tax compliance and preventing tax avoidance - Public Accounts Committee
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    Of course whether or not the figures quoted are actually right is another matter ......House of Commons - HMRC's progress in improving tax compliance and preventing tax avoidance - Public Accounts Committee
                    ah its a brochure figure

4. HMRC estimated that its compliance work in 2013-14 generated additional revenue of £23.9 billion—the highest level ever reported. Of this sum, £9.2 billion is additional cash that HMRC expects to collect as a result of settlements reached. The remainder is an estimate of losses prevented (£8.0 billion), an estimate of future revenue benefits over the next 5 years as a result of changing taxpayers' behaviour (£5.5 billion), and an estimate of the impact of changes to tax law or HMRC's processes which reduce opportunities to avoid or evade tax (£1.2 billion). HMRC has reported exceeding the targets for compliance yield it agreed with the Treasury each year during this spending review period.[5]
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X