• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get the **** out of here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the **** out of here

http://management.silicon.com/itpro/...9163202,00.htm

Four of New Zealand's top IT companies are looking to plug the country's skills gap by poaching UK talent - and they are recruiting this week.

The IT industry in New Zealand is expected to require around 35,000 additional skilled recruits over the next 10 years, according to a spokesman from the country's Department of Labour.

Not all those jobs can be filled by people from New Zealand so the UK has been targeted to help plug the gap, said the spokesman.

EDS New Zealand, IBM, Synergy and Telecom are expecting around 10,000 people to attend the 'Opportunities NZ Expo' in London this weekend in a bid to recruit IT professionals looking to make the move Down Under.

At least 300 jobs will be available at the expo.

A spokesman for UK high-tech trade association, Intellect, told silicon.com Brits are specifically being targeted because of the educational and linguist similarities between the two countries.

The reason for the shortfall in IT skills in New Zealand is down to education, the Intellect spokesman said. "It's the same reason why we experience shortages here [in the UK] - academia can struggle to keep up with business."

The spokesman added that UK workers can expect financial incentives, including relocation packages, to entice them to switch hemispheres.

Off you go now.

Early release for good behavior, eh Dim?

Comment

"The spokesman added that UK workers can expect financial incentives, including relocation packages, to entice them to switch hemispheres."

You need incentives to leave this hole and go to NZ? I thought Labour had already given us numerous "incentives" to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Early release for good behavior, eh Dim?
        They have WiFi in my cell.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
          "The spokesman added that UK workers can expect financial incentives, including relocation packages, to entice them to switch hemispheres."

You need incentives to leave this hole and go to NZ? I thought Labour had already given us numerous "incentives" to leave?
          House prices at a peak in the UK (means £££'s of equity to release), .COM 2.0 in full swing and the prospect of another 5 years of the New Lie is incentive enough for most here.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            They have WiFi in my cell.
            And what's the name of your new wife there - Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              And what's the name of your new wife there - Rock?
              No, Bubba.

DimPrawn.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Looks like Dim will be more annually retentive than ever...

Comment

Every year I get more annually retentive.

Comment

Lunar year?

Comment

Working...
                    X