• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming - Religious Studies or Science

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming - Religious Studies or Science

As you would perhaps inevitably expect we have the first paper on Global Warming to appear in a Journal of Religious Studies.

New Paper By Renowned Sea Level Expert Nils-Axel Mörner, Calls AGW A “New Religion” Built On “False Premises.”

Is it essentially a theological debate ?
    I'm alright Jack

You know that the "renown expert" is renown only for repeating false claims that he makes every few years?

The Spectator runs false sea-level claims on its cover | Mark Lynas and George Monbiot | Environment | The Guardian

"Nelson's "find" is a man some of us found years ago and have seen as a source of wild entertainment ever since. He's called Nils-Axel Mörner, and among his claims to fame are that he possesses paranormal abilities to find water and metal using a dowsing rod, and that he has discovered "the Hong Kong of the [ancient] Greeks" in Sweden."
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He's a heretic.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        He's a lunatic.

FTFY
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You know that the "renown expert" is renown only for repeating false claims that he makes every few years?
          And he is publishing in Volume 1, Issue 1 of an online-only pay-to-publish 'journal'.

Big Hmmmmmmm.

Update: Morner's article is Article ID JBL-1-001.pdf, residing at URL http://crescopublications.org/jbl/JBL-1-001.pdf

There is no JBL-1-002.pdf (so far). So it looks like Morner is their only author, though I see from the blog comments that Oliver 'the sun is made of iron' Manuel may submit a manuscript. Probably from jail.

Personally with such a distinguished list of contributors, I predict a bright future for this journal.
          Last edited by pjclarke; 4 January 2016, 15:36.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

my brother is a vicar, the main thrust of his logic (when he does not rely on faith) is that the world is so complicated, and I can't prove how it came about, so it must have been created.

A logical fallacy, of course.

Just like the eco-loons. 'we have no explanation for any of this, so it must be CO2'
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Just like the eco-loons. 'we cannot tax water vapour, the output of the Sun, natural changes to the oceans or volcanic activity, increases or decreases in animals or plants, so it must be CO2 from fossil fuels'
              FTFY

Comment

"Religious Studies" or "Science"

What is the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  my brother is a vicar, the main thrust of his logic (when he does not rely on faith) is that the world is so complicated, and I can't prove how it came about, so it must have been created.

A logical fallacy, of course.
                  Indeed. Else faith does into come into it.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    Personally with such a distinguished list of contributors, I predict a bright future for this journal.
                    Or maybe not. I see Cresco is on Jeff Beall's list of predatory publishers.

LIST OF PUBLISHERS | Scholarly Open Access

Quality source, there, as ever.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X