• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 172

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 172

So Mrs.rl4's car was caught (fixed camera) doing 36 in a 30 zone, at the time we were both in the car, but cannot honestly remember who was driving as we tend to swap and share (It's the 'family car' - both insured to drive).

Photo provided on website only shows rear of car, so obviously not driver.
    We don't keep a log of who drove when and where, as we're normal.

Anyone had this? My view is without further evidence (which doesn't exist) to help us ascertain the driver, neither of us can say with 100% certainty that it was us, we'd both be happy to go to magistrates court to confirm this.

In these circumstances would they just GTFO, or would they haul us up?
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    So Mrs.rl4's car was caught (fixed camera) doing 36 in a 30 zone, at the time we were both in the car, but cannot honestly remember who was driving as we tend to swap and share (It's the 'family car' - both insured to drive).

Photo provided on website only shows rear of car, so obviously not driver.
    We don't keep a log of who drove when and where, as we're normal.

Anyone had this? My view is without further evidence (which doesn't exist) to help us ascertain the driver, neither of us can say with 100% certainty that it was us, we'd both be happy to go to magistrates court to confirm this.

In these circumstances would they just GTFO, or would they haul us up?
    Mandate frontal photo. Contest from therr on.

Comment

(4) A person shall not be guilty of an offence by virtue of paragraph (a) of subsection (2) above if he shows that he did not know and could not with reasonable diligence have ascertained who the driver of the vehicle was.
      That is the catch all statement, the registered keeper is culpable unless you can prove it was someone else
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Could end up with an MS90 and you don't want that unless you're fine with your insurance premiums going up 4/5 times....

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Mandate frontal photo. Contest from therr on.
          It was ME! If all they have is a rear photo, then I am really sorry I borrowed you car without your permission.

Comment

Cheers all, thought so.

Always worth having all drivers named on all cars.

Though I remember a few years ago some of my band mates had to keep 'taking' points when their bus kept getting caught. I guess being a business they had to keep a log or something and the 'can't remember' argument wouldn't wash.
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Could end up with an MS90 and you don't want that unless you're fine with your insurance premiums going up 4/5 times....
              How so? They can't force us to remember.

We're not failing to furnish, we're saying "We don't know without more evidence, please provide more evidence so we can tell you."

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                It was ME! If all they have is a rear photo, then I am really sorry I borrowed you car without your permission.
                In fact I was really hoping there was another completely different car going round with the same plates.

Comment

One of you will get it if you go to court, possibly both - registered keeper is on the hook anyway, given that it's 36 in 30 then it could be fine but no points as long as you attend speed awareness course which they may offer if you got 0 points.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    One of you will get it if you go to court, possibly both - registered keeper is on the hook anyway, given that it's 36 in 30 then it could be fine but no points as long as you attend speed awareness course which they may offer if you got 0 points.
                    An off the record chat may well establish this.

Key point is, do either have any points already?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X