• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Single sex schools - good or bad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single sex schools - good or bad?

Girls' schools a 'huge disadvantage', says co-ed head - BBC News

Girls at single-sex schools can achieve top grades but are "at a huge disadvantage" if they leave unable to talk to boys, says a leading head.

Indeed. How else are they going to nag?

A "leading Head"

Indeed no one to practice on

Comment

I was at one. I had no brothers, so was clueless about boys. It was a grammar school, so the girls were supposedly "bright" - so 'tis amazing how many got knocked up at 15 or 16 - way more than the local mixed secondary modern.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Girls' schools a 'huge disadvantage', says co-ed head - BBC News

Girls at single-sex schools can achieve top grades but are "at a huge disadvantage" if they leave unable to talk to boys, says a leading head.

Indeed. How else are they going to nag?
          Always considered right goers, which was important to us, as teenage boys
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Always considered right goers, which was important to us, as teenage boys
            Indeed you can't beat a convent girl (without her enjoying it).

Wonder if Halo was a convent girl?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Christopher Hitchens describes in Hitch-22 the rampant, often predatory, homosexuality (in practise if not in principle) arising from all boy's schooling.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                Christopher Hitchens describes in Hitch-22 the rampant, often predatory, homosexuality (in practise if not in principle) arising from all MPs schooling.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Bad.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

MercatorNet: Single-sex schooling

Contradicts my observation

Comment

Working...
                    X