• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal Tax Counsel Opinion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal Tax Counsel Opinion

Advice on employee loans and HMRC

Hi,

I am (soon to be) new to contracting and could really do with some advice regarding how to avoid IR35. I've contacted a number of companies who claim
    to offer up to 90% of rate and be outside the IR35. These take the form of a monthly loan which is never paid back. So are these legit or will the HMRC
    come calling and are they the same as EBTs that are mentioned on this site.

This is one I have recently contacted w ww.extralimited.com/ who say their scheme is a "Legal Tax Counsel Opinion" and is completely different to an
    EBT, have to say it sounds similar to me.

I will work for a single employer at their offices and travel there each day. Obviously I have no holiday, sickness, pension nor health.

Thanks in advance.

It's a trap. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There's a HMRC Scheme Enquiries forum here for all those that have fallen foul of such things. Get an accountant and get their advice on the most tax efficient balance of salary and dividends for your circumstances. You'll be on a good rate as a contractor so why risk it?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

try spending a year dead for tax purposes it would be safer.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealSlartibartfast View Post
        I've contacted a number of companies who claim
        to offer up to 90% of rate and be outside the IR35. These take the form of a monthly loan which is never paid back. So are these legit or will the HMRC
        Maybe legit for now, but would advise stocking up on lube for future changes in the law.

Seriously, if it looks too good, it is. Avoid at all costs.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealSlartibartfast View Post
          Advice on employee loans and HMRC

Hi,

I am (soon to be) new to contracting and could really do with some advice regarding how to avoid IR35. I've contacted a number of companies who claim

This is one I have recently contacted w ww.extralimited.com/]Home - Extralimited[/url] who say their scheme is a "Legal Tax Counsel Opinion" and is completely different to an
          EBT, have to say it sounds similar to me.

I will work for a single employer at their offices and travel there each day. Obviously I have no holiday, sickness, pension nor health.

Thanks in advance.
          Stay away, look for one that is QC approved, they are the only genuine ones
          Last edited by SimonMac; 5 January 2016, 13:11.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No address on their website, no company number.

Who are they? Where are they?

Barge With Touch Pole Don't A

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              "Genuine" for now, right?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Right up until the point when you lose your savings, home, family and enter bankruptcy and struggle to find work ever again. Yes, up until that point.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Better?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Clean up on aisle 5...

Comment

Working...
                    X