• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car to buy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car to buy

Hello,

Can you advise out of these which SUV is good - HONDA CRV(Old design), VOLVO XC60, VW Tiguan or any other ?

Thanks

Had a Renault Kadjar as a courtesy car a couple of months back; nice enough but not for my liking, even with the full spec.
    I've always liked the Lexus SUV with the Mercedes or Audi Q7 as other options.

Depends what your budget is though.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vik845 View Post
      Hello,

Can you advise out of these which SUV is good - HONDA CRV(Old design), VOLVO XC60, VW Tiguan or any other ?

Thanks

How old?
      Which engine?
      2WD or 4WD?

The Wife(tm) had a 57 plate petrol CRV. It drank fuel and couldn't pull teeth.
      She now has a diesel Tiguan, which is faster and almost 2x as economical, although this may change when they do the software patch for the emissions.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Apparently, as a new for 2016 option, some garages will now let you try out one of their cars to see whether you like it yourself rather than relying on a bunch of random strangers on the Internet to tell you.

Why not take them up on this new service offering?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Apparently, as a new for 2016 option, some garages will now let you try out one of their cars to see whether you like it yourself rather than relying on a bunch of random strangers on the Internet to tell you.

That will never catch on!

Anyway get a black, silver or grey one. They are the best.

Comment

What are these mysterious test drives you talk about?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm guessing the OP thought asking on here would be more "fun"
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Question:
                What are your requirements in a car?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  I'm guessing the OP thought asking on here would be more "fun"
                  Or vastly overpaid contractors would drive 10 year-old low end SUVs?

Comment

My requirements are 4wd drive, should not be more than 4 years old and good engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X