• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry January

First time I haven't bothered in a few years as it happens.

Used to always have a healthy Jan before it got taken over by all these puritanical focus groups & quangos (oh, and people that call it Janupause - they're another reason).

No. I'm going to support the Great British pub industry this Jan in what must be a difficult time for them thanks to all those finger wagging health Nazis.

5 pints of Sharps Atlantic so far & its only 7pm - which is why I'm probably typing this bilge. :

It's pretty wet outside ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's pretty wet outside ...
      All the more reason to be sitting in a pub watching the rain come down

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        All the more reason to be sitting in a pub watching the rain come down
        It doesn't rain in California.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dry January

Must be global warming.

Jan + Feb used to be extraordinarily wet in Northern CA.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            It doesn't rain in the Mitty state.
            FTFY
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dry January?

CBA.

Its depressing enough, without doing without the grog
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I need a dry January. The last few weeks in December, I done a lot. I look forward to giving my body a rest and getting in a good position health wise before ruining it all by going on another mad bender in February to undo all that good work

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
                  I need a dry January. The last few weeks in December, I done a lot. I look forward to giving my body a rest and getting in a good position health wise before ruining it all by going on another mad bender in February to undo all that good work
                  Part timer.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Part timer.

True but in my head I see myself as this professional alcoholic athlete and like the pro footballers, I am having a close season. I will return with a few friendlies (Local pub) before going to play the big games (Night Clubs) and then on to the internationals (Festivals). God I sound like a right....

Comment

Working...
                    X