• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK makes you more broad minded?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK makes you more broad minded?

Facebook makes us more narrow-minded, study finds - Telegraph

Research finds that users seek out information that reinforces their beliefs, which is then shared and given increasing weight whether accurate or otherwise

So CUK must do the reverse?

I believe MF is a nice, witty, jet-setting, reality-based poster. Could someone reinforce that please?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I believe MF is a nice, witty, jet-setting, reality-based poster. Could someone reinforce that please?
    I'm sure MF will be along, shortly, to confirm.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Information != knowledge

we all seek out sources of information that reinforce our own narrative. That's what any medium does. Did these "researchers" honestly think that "social media" was somehow different from any other media?

Comment

Originally posted by Unwitting Catalyst View Post
        we all seek out sources of information that reinforce our own narrative. That's what any medium does. Did these "researchers" honestly think that "social media" was somehow different from any other media?
        Agreed in the main.
        That must make me a difficult barsteward then I have always read all types of, often, opposing media.

I like to know my "enemy".
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          I'm sure MF will be along, shortly, to confirm.
          Don't hate the player.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Agreed in the main.
            That must make me a difficult barsteward then I have always read all types of, often, opposing media.

I like to know my "enemy".
            Is that how you justify your subscriptions to 'Readers Wives' and, it's gay equivalent, 'Readers Husbands'?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Is that how you justify your subscriptions to 'Readers Wives' and, it's gay equivalent, 'Readers Husbands'?
              Barry, have you been stealing my mail, again

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Don't hate the player.
              As if we would, but, surely, taking the pee out of him is OK.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Barry, have you been stealing my mail, again
                No need. Your gardener cba to burn it all as instructed and just chucks it over the back fence.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Your gardener cba to burn it all as instructed and just chucks it over the back fence.
                  Unto the breach, then.

Its time to dust down the 4 by 4 and its back on with the black leather gloves.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

On CUK people will disagree with you even if they agree. it is no hiding place for smug "me toos"
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X